WTB: Honda del Sol - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-19-2008, 10:38 PM   #1
Registered Member

WTB: Honda del Sol

I've been looking at some del Sols lately and have been thinking of possibly getting one. Since I dont have alot to spend on one, I'll take one that needs fixing, needs an engine, or bodywork. If anybody sees one or is selling one for cheap, please reply.

Thanks guys!

smccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 07:00 AM   #2
Registered Member

try looking one in the wintertime.... they cost a bit less

civic94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:50 AM   #3
Registered Member

My friend is selling one that is perfect for $3,500. Maybe it's not fee but, it's nice. If you interested pm me. I live in Ohio though.

Chris
GasSavers_topher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 12:09 PM   #4
Registered Member

Thanks for the advice civic94. I appreciate the reply topher. $3500 is a bit out of my price range. I bet its a nice ride though.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:56 PM   #5
Registered Member

yea 3500 is worth only if its clean and unmolested. I ran across a 94 del sol with the z6 engine 4 years ago, for 2500. I thought about buying it since its a hardtop convertible, but i didnt because of the fact that it only seats 2.

also i seen del sols go for 1200 sometimes with a bad engine or tranny, but its totally worth if if you know know to swap these 1.5 liter engines, would cost less than 2000 altogether if you have the time and knowledge.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:47 PM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic94 View Post
yea 3500 is worth only if its clean and unmolested. I ran across a 94 del sol with the z6 engine 4 years ago, for 2500. I thought about buying it since its a hardtop convertible, but i didnt because of the fact that it only seats 2.

also i seen del sols go for 1200 sometimes with a bad engine or tranny, but its totally worth if if you know know to swap these 1.5 liter engines, would cost less than 2000 altogether if you have the time and knowledge.
Thats what I'm looking for. Something around 1k. I dont care if the engine or tranny is bad. It would be a project car for me. Let me know if you see anymore like the one you saw for $1200.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:47 PM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smccall View Post
Thats what I'm looking for. Something around 1k. I dont care if the engine or tranny is bad. It would be a project car for me. Let me know if you see anymore like the one you saw for $1200.

check up on your local craigslist. I check on philly, and other northeast states for mines. its probably a bit cheaper here since rust is an issue compared to georgia. like i said it isnt all the time, but once in a while it pops up. there was a auto del sol selling for 1800 with high miles, but i didnt buy it cause of the 2 seater issue.. i love civics lol
Old 07-20-2008, 06:28 PM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic94 View Post
check up on your local craigslist. I check on philly, and other northeast states for mines. its probably a bit cheaper here since rust is an issue compared to georgia. like i said it isnt all the time, but once in a while it pops up. there was a auto del sol selling for 1800 with high miles, but i didnt buy it cause of the 2 seater issue.. i love civics lol
Yeah Philly is where I got my VX from. I haven't had any issues with it besides an ignition coil I recently replaced (so easy) and the under dash fuse box I replaced when I first got it. I've been looking in craigslist and found 2 too late. One was 700 and the other 1400, but I haven't received a reply from the seller which almost always means its been sold. I'll keep looking though.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:26 AM   #9
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Loserkidwac
yea I found my Del Sol on Craigslist in the price range you are looking...it was honestly the only one though...most seem to be $2500 around here...mine was an auto which seems to be fairly uncommon...had a blown head gasket, barely could move under its own power and was pretty dirty inside and out...some TLC and its making a full recovery from its neglected state, body is in better shape then my VX was...getting a cleaned up D15z1 and VX trans for some topless MPG savings lol well good luck, I'll let ya know if I see an Sols cheap, I'm looking for a friend now also in PA, DE, MD, VA, NY area...a little north but maybe I'll stumble upon 2 showroom quality sols parked in a barn someone is giving away ;-P

03 Mazdaspeed Protege
91 Honda CRX Si
95 Honda Civic VX *RIP 5/20/08
94 Honda Del Slow D15z1 Swapped
Loserkidwac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:48 PM   #10
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loserkidwac View Post
yea I found my Del Sol on Craigslist in the price range you are looking...it was honestly the only one though...most seem to be $2500 around here...mine was an auto which seems to be fairly uncommon...had a blown head gasket, barely could move under its own power and was pretty dirty inside and out...some TLC and its making a full recovery from its neglected state, body is in better shape then my VX was...getting a cleaned up D15z1 and VX trans for some topless MPG savings lol well good luck, I'll let ya know if I see an Sols cheap, I'm looking for a friend now also in PA, DE, MD, VA, NY area...a little north but maybe I'll stumble upon 2 showroom quality sols parked in a barn someone is giving away ;-P
Thanks for looking out for me.