WTB: Honda del Sol - Fuelly Forums

Android Users - Coming Soon! - Migrating from aCar 4.8 to 5.0

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-19-2008, 11:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
 
smccall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 274
Country: United States
WTB: Honda del Sol

I've been looking at some del Sols lately and have been thinking of possibly getting one. Since I dont have alot to spend on one, I'll take one that needs fixing, needs an engine, or bodywork. If anybody sees one or is selling one for cheap, please reply.

Thanks guys!
__________________

smccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:00 AM   #2
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 336
Country: United States
try looking one in the wintertime.... they cost a bit less
__________________

civic94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:50 AM   #3
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 133
Country: United States
My friend is selling one that is perfect for $3,500. Maybe it's not fee but, it's nice. If you interested pm me. I live in Ohio though.

Chris
GasSavers_topher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 01:09 PM   #4
Registered Member
 
smccall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 274
Country: United States
Thanks for the advice civic94. I appreciate the reply topher. $3500 is a bit out of my price range. I bet its a nice ride though.
smccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 03:56 PM   #5
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 336
Country: United States
yea 3500 is worth only if its clean and unmolested. I ran across a 94 del sol with the z6 engine 4 years ago, for 2500. I thought about buying it since its a hardtop convertible, but i didnt because of the fact that it only seats 2.


also i seen del sols go for 1200 sometimes with a bad engine or tranny, but its totally worth if if you know know to swap these 1.5 liter engines, would cost less than 2000 altogether if you have the time and knowledge.
civic94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 04:47 PM   #6
Registered Member
 
smccall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 274
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by civic94 View Post
yea 3500 is worth only if its clean and unmolested. I ran across a 94 del sol with the z6 engine 4 years ago, for 2500. I thought about buying it since its a hardtop convertible, but i didnt because of the fact that it only seats 2.


also i seen del sols go for 1200 sometimes with a bad engine or tranny, but its totally worth if if you know know to swap these 1.5 liter engines, would cost less than 2000 altogether if you have the time and knowledge.
Thats what I'm looking for. Something around 1k. I dont care if the engine or tranny is bad. It would be a project car for me. Let me know if you see anymore like the one you saw for $1200.
smccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 05:47 PM   #7
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 336
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by smccall View Post
Thats what I'm looking for. Something around 1k. I dont care if the engine or tranny is bad. It would be a project car for me. Let me know if you see anymore like the one you saw for $1200.

check up on your local craigslist. I check on philly, and other northeast states for mines. its probably a bit cheaper here since rust is an issue compared to georgia. like i said it isnt all the time, but once in a while it pops up. there was a auto del sol selling for 1800 with high miles, but i didnt buy it cause of the 2 seater issue.. i love civics lol
civic94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 07:28 PM   #8
Registered Member
 
smccall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 274
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by civic94 View Post
check up on your local craigslist. I check on philly, and other northeast states for mines. its probably a bit cheaper here since rust is an issue compared to georgia. like i said it isnt all the time, but once in a while it pops up. there was a auto del sol selling for 1800 with high miles, but i didnt buy it cause of the 2 seater issue.. i love civics lol
Yeah Philly is where I got my VX from. I haven't had any issues with it besides an ignition coil I recently replaced (so easy) and the under dash fuse box I replaced when I first got it. I've been looking in craigslist and found 2 too late. One was 700 and the other 1400, but I haven't received a reply from the seller which almost always means its been sold. I'll keep looking though.
smccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:26 AM   #9
Registered Member
 
Loserkidwac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 160
Country: United States
Send a message via AIM to Loserkidwac
yea I found my Del Sol on Craigslist in the price range you are looking...it was honestly the only one though...most seem to be $2500 around here...mine was an auto which seems to be fairly uncommon...had a blown head gasket, barely could move under its own power and was pretty dirty inside and out...some TLC and its making a full recovery from its neglected state, body is in better shape then my VX was...getting a cleaned up D15z1 and VX trans for some topless MPG savings lol well good luck, I'll let ya know if I see an Sols cheap, I'm looking for a friend now also in PA, DE, MD, VA, NY area...a little north but maybe I'll stumble upon 2 showroom quality sols parked in a barn someone is giving away ;-P
__________________
MPG Noob

03 Mazdaspeed Protege
91 Honda CRX Si
95 Honda Civic VX *RIP 5/20/08
94 Honda Del Slow D15z1 Swapped
Loserkidwac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:48 PM   #10
Registered Member
 
smccall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 274
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loserkidwac View Post
yea I found my Del Sol on Craigslist in the price range you are looking...it was honestly the only one though...most seem to be $2500 around here...mine was an auto which seems to be fairly uncommon...had a blown head gasket, barely could move under its own power and was pretty dirty inside and out...some TLC and its making a full recovery from its neglected state, body is in better shape then my VX was...getting a cleaned up D15z1 and VX trans for some topless MPG savings lol well good luck, I'll let ya know if I see an Sols cheap, I'm looking for a friend now also in PA, DE, MD, VA, NY area...a little north but maybe I'll stumble upon 2 showroom quality sols parked in a barn someone is giving away ;-P
Thanks for looking out for me.
__________________

smccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First fillup? Papachristou Fuelly Web Support and Community News 1 09-04-2012 08:12 AM
Joint Membership with GasBuddy? Badams Fuelly Web Support and Community News 2 07-02-2011 12:14 AM
Help Please Civic Hx s2000gtx General Maintenance and Repair 1 05-02-2008 05:56 PM
Anyone else notice GasSavers_ALS General Fuel Topics 4 04-24-2008 09:56 PM
Gaslog comment: Price per gallon? not user friendly. GasSavers_Ryland Fuelly Web Support and Community News 6 07-06-2007 01:38 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.