WTB: VX swap stuff...ECU, EGR box, wiring...etc - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Marketplace | Buy, Sell, Trade > Wanted to Buy
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2006, 08:53 PM   #11
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunger
Thats cool with me. I also have a complete Z1 engine harness. Interested?
had I known this I would have purchased it from you.

It might be a bit more expensive, but if you dont like wiring I'd recommend buying the z1 harness and having rywire create you a custom harness

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:17 PM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion
had I known this I would have purchased it from you.

It might be a bit more expensive, but if you dont like wiring I'd recommend buying the z1 harness and having rywire create you a custom harness
Sorry, just got it the other day... I'm hording =)

Old 06-28-2006, 09:34 PM   #13
Driving on E

Quote:
Sorry, just got it the other day... I'm hording =)
I'm the same way.

I need to clean out the garage/basement right now.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:10 AM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Thats cool with me. I also have a complete Z1 engine harness. Interested?
I may not need it if I got the right plugs from the J-yard last week. I literally took snips and clipped every plug from a '93 Coupe that was left and/or wasn't mangled (it was too bashed and stripped to tell if it was EX, DX, etc) $15 bucks worth. Still don't know if I got what I need but I'll sort it out soon. What would be your price (shipped) for the harness just in case? (+$20 for the EGR Box). I figure the ECU conversion harness is $110~ and I'll still need Distributor/VTEC/VTEC oil psi plugs so maybe the price of the harness + $190 might be more cost-per-hour-of-frustration effective. Ha, only in a Honda will the wiring cost more than the engine itself...Mak

p.s. -- I'm still holding out on a local guy parting out his VX, may get all of the motor/wiring bits and with no shipping! We'll see...

MakDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:22 AM   #15
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakDiesel
I may not need it if I got the right plugs from the J-yard last week. I literally took snips and clipped every plug from a '93 Coupe that was left and/or wasn't mangled (it was too bashed and stripped to tell if it was EX, DX, etc) $15 bucks worth. Still don't know if I got what I need but I'll sort it out soon. What would be your price (shipped) for the harness just in case? (+$20 for the EGR Box). I figure the ECU conversion harness is $110~ and I'll still need Distributor/VTEC/VTEC oil psi plugs so maybe the price of the harness + $190 might be more cost-per-hour-of-frustration effective. Ha, only in a Honda will the wiring cost more than the engine itself...Mak
If you have the right plugs you might want to contact Rywire and tell them that you have the plugs and want them to make a harness for you. Explain your situation and they'll probably be able to help.

The problem still exists however that the VX engine has more parts/wires than your CRX. This means you're going to have to run 4 wires for the o2 sensor (you'll use the existing one wire for the fifth). You'll have to run at least one wire for the EGR valve, one for the EGR control box, one for the vtec oil pressure, one for the vtec solenoid.

So either way you're going to have to run a number of wires.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:37 AM   #16
Registered Member

so long as it's "a number" and not "numerous" I think I can swing it. A few wires, fine...64 wires...not with my schedule. Mak

Old 06-29-2006, 12:48 PM   #17
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakDiesel
so long as it's "a number" and not "numerous" I think I can swing it. A few wires, fine...64 wires...not with my schedule. Mak
If you don't want to contact rywire I'll contact them for you and ask what they'll offer considering you might have all of the plugs.

I can take pictures of the needed plugs sometime soon.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:34 AM   #18
Registered Member

pics of the plugs I need would be very helpful...I basically have several I know not what they are for, just that they came off the right year car, but some were missing from that harness. If I had pics I could make a checklist of every plug needed, sort through what I have and then go back to the Yard for what's left. I didn't want to contact rywire until I had all my ducks in a row, mainly determining whether I needed to purchase an ECU conversion harness and do the rest myself or go to the shop and pull the Hf harness + misc. obd1 plugs and send it all in for plug n' play with cost, time (I only get out to the shop about once a week, twice at most currently until school gets out next month), and my skills all being determining factors. I had hoped to have all the parts needed for this swap ready by the last week of July, then I could go full speed into the swap before Fall semester kicks in during late August. To summarize, I would recommend that no one attempt a budget build FE swap while in school, esp. if they work as well like I do. Time is my least plentiful asset currently, with money as a close second. Mak

Old 07-12-2006, 09:54 AM   #19
Registered Member

Updated...I won't need the EGR box after all Bunger, although finding a buyer in this Z1 swap heavy board won't be hard. Thanks again, Mak

Old 07-17-2006, 07:30 AM   #20
Registered Member

Still in need of a 5-wire O2 and a conversion harness....