Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > News and Articles > Car Reviews
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2007, 09:19 PM   #11
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to trebuchet03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdrick View Post
Kinda blows my chances of scoring one of these gems I would guess.
Gems eh? Probably easier to find than an insight

Bike Miles (Begin Aug. 20 - '07): ~433.2 miles

11/12
trebuchet03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:02 PM   #12

GREAT going! What is low mileage? No worries for the any of the IMA system, Honda has been a great backer of their product so if it died tomorrow you'll be OK. Nice catch for a Monte Carlo blue, that's always been my second favorite color for the Insights. I'm assuming it's obviously running on the RE92's with those mileage #'s, don't be shy though - bump them up to 50psi.

You're gonna love it.

BumblingB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:46 AM   #13
Registered Member

Wazabi- I plan to bump the PSI up to 50, but I wanna finish off this tank at 45 so I have a baseline to compare it to. So far I'm at 640 miles with 1/4 tank remaining. I reset the lifetime MPG (52.5) when I got it, and now its 85.6... My goal is to keep lmpg above 80. Mileage is 60k, with the 60,000 service performed a week before I bought it. Lovin the mileage numbers, but man are the factory speakers weak... Why ever did you sell yours?
whychug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:49 AM   #14
*shrug*

Sweet job with the insight!

Garage entry, garage entry!
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:08 PM   #15

I reset the lifetime on mine too when I originally bought it.

I swapped mine out for some Sony Xplode? speakers someone gave me for installing an interior in a Civic - took me all of an hour. Anyway, they sounded great.

Sounds like you are doing great with the mileage, my top tank I covered around 770 miles - give or take a few.

I loved that car, I loved it enough to get rid of it because of the road I live on. It was beating the heck out of the car. By the time I get my new SMART hopefully I'll have this road in the works for getting paved. I have some more talking to the county but I think they are seeing things my way and with any luck it'll be paved.

I haven't called the gentleman I sold it to lately to see how it's doing - the car really was my baby and I miss it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whychug View Post
Wazabi- I plan to bump the PSI up to 50, but I wanna finish off this tank at 45 so I have a baseline to compare it to. So far I'm at 640 miles with 1/4 tank remaining. I reset the lifetime MPG (52.5) when I got it, and now its 85.6... My goal is to keep lmpg above 80. Mileage is 60k, with the 60,000 service performed a week before I bought it. Lovin the mileage numbers, but man are the factory speakers weak... Why ever did you sell yours?
Old 10-12-2007, 07:28 PM   #16
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazabi Owner View Post
I loved that car, I loved it enough to get rid of it because of the road I live on.
But the road's OK for the '65 Stingray with Side-Pipes?

I tease! Anyways, is that new to the collection???

RH77
Old 10-12-2007, 07:58 PM   #17

It's a '63 and it's not a daily driver on the road. Actually hasn't been on ANY road for around 4 years - around June '03 when I bought my FIRST hybrid. This last week I've been working steady on it to get it back on the road and safe. We've (my father and I) have been accumulating parts for it for around 20 years and we had to dip into the stockpile as I've had a hankerin' to get it on the road. Replacing all brakes, rear spring, front springs, all front end hardware, power steering control valve, rebuild the ram assembly, rebuild the master cylinder though I did rebuild it only 1500 miles ago - something about time taking it's toll on it (it was back in 1987 when I rebuilt the master cylinder).

It's nowhere near an Insight mileage but it isn't horrible as it has highway gears plus with the 1965 sidepipes it breathes easier. The car is a member of the family and been in the family much longer than my college going nephews and nieces.

One thing in common is both received the same fanfare when they initially came out. My father went out and test drove and bought a new 1963 Corvette back in 1963 and in 2000 I went out and test drove a 2000 Insight though I waiting until 2005 before I got one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh77 View Post
But the road's OK for the '65 Stingray with Side-Pipes?

I tease! Anyways, is that new to the collection???

RH77