'08 Mazda "5" - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 02-12-2008, 09:25 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Brian D.
'08 Mazda "5"

This is a rental car, which I still have. I've put about 400 miles on it so far, and I've already logged 30MPG with just normal driving habits. Actually, I climbed some Nevada inclines with it, going into Virginia City & all around. Someone else who is currently sharing this rental has been beating on it (why must people do that to rentals?...after all, someone like me will probably wind up owning these one day); needless to say, I'm curious to see what the next fillup yields for MPG.

Aside from the gas mileage, I like this vehicle. I hate calling things "vehicles", but I don't know what to call this thing. It's not a car, but if it's a minivan, it's the best looking one I've ever seen. It has very low profile tires for what it is...so there is a fair amount of road noise (whatever- my daily driver is a Honda CRX HF with no sound-deadening material; I can certainly live with road noise). This Mazda really has everything I could want. I have no idea what's under the hood, as I haven't lifted it yet. It's not a powerhouse, but it gets around. I feel spoiled with all of the steering wheel controls and the climate control options. I'd say all switches & controls have been placed exactly where they should be. It's a good car/sport-mini-van. More to come...

Old 02-13-2008, 04:22 AM   #2
Registered Member

2.3L 4-cyl. All models have this engine.

I purchased one of said 07 rental cars. So far so good, but I'm sure it was beat on some.

rweatherford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:50 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rweatherford View Post
2.3L 4-cyl. All models have this engine.
That engine is a gem and is also used in the Mazda3, Mazda Tribute, Ford Escape, Ford Ranger, and Mazda B2300 with minor variations. It's a fantastic engine.
TrebGreb is offline   Reply With Quote