2006-2009 Civic Si Anyone? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > News and Articles > Car Reviews
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2009, 06:19 AM   #1
Registered Member

2006-2009 Civic Si Anyone?

Been test driving a lot of cars lately to replace my VX. It's sad to think of not having it, but the lack of A/C here in VA is wearing at me quite a bit! (Oh, and the VX will "probably" be for sale, check the garage if you're interested and email me at dantheflemwod@gmail.com )

Was going to get an s2000 but realized I want a rear seat. Found that the 2007 Si fit me perfectly with its options, sporty ride/engine, and power options! I also think it looks great! Test drove the 2 door, and liked it, and it does weigh a little less, but the 4dr styling is much more appealing, personally.

Just placed a payment to hold a 2007 civic si 4 door. Looking at some reviews online, I saw that it gets about 12mpg when going all-out at the track, and up to about 32mpg on the highway when cruising in 6th gear.

The si:
http://www.hendrickpreownedonline.co...nitrefererurl=

Wondering if anyone on here has experience with this model car?

On the never-ending quest for better gas mileage...
Danronian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:22 PM   #2
Registered Member

Has the 6 speed trans been rebuilt yet ?

Seems that quite a few people complain about that trans (noise, poping out of gear, poor shifting....etc)

want2buyVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:02 PM   #3
Registered Member

also have to think about putting premium gas on it. have you looked at the 06+ civic sedans? they are pretty good at mileage manual or auto, and 140 hp on those is absolutely enough power to go around town
civic94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:36 AM   #4
Registered Member

One of my best friends has an '08 Si coupe, and I've driven it extensively. The engine and transmission are a gem. I've driven a half dozen S2000s as well (both AP1 and AP2) and the Si's drivetrain doesn't give anything up to the S2000's. I think of it as a 4 door S2000. I don't think you can go wrong with one.

I personally haven't noticed any of the strange transmission behavior (popping out of gear randomly), or engine behavior (hanging revs). Don't quote me, but I believe it was more of an issue with the early build cars and was fixed/improved at some point.
roadsterbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:57 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danronian View Post
Been test driving a lot of cars lately to replace my VX. It's sad to think of not having it, but the lack of A/C here in VA is wearing at me quite a bit! (Oh, and the VX will "probably" be for sale, check the garage if you're interested and email me at dantheflemwod@gmail.com )

Was going to get an s2000 but realized I want a rear seat. Found that the 2007 Si fit me perfectly with its options, sporty ride/engine, and power options! I also think it looks great! Test drove the 2 door, and liked it, and it does weigh a little less, but the 4dr styling is much more appealing, personally.

Just placed a payment to hold a 2007 civic si 4 door. Looking at some reviews online, I saw that it gets about 12mpg when going all-out at the track, and up to about 32mpg on the highway when cruising in 6th gear.

The si:
http://www.hendrickpreownedonline.co...nitrefererurl=

Wondering if anyone on here has experience with this model car?
PM Sent.
IndyFetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:33 AM   #6
Registered Member

02-05 Si offers more rear seat space and runs on regular gas. It makes less power and does not have a limited-slip front diff. Personally, I like the looks of the 04-05 hatch (larger wheels, different headlights and taillights from the 02-03) better than the 06+, but I am in the minority on this. My 05 handles pretty well on the tires I put on.

IndyFetch is offline   Reply With Quote