96 thru ... Civic Hatch - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > News and Articles > Car Reviews
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2008, 11:01 AM   #31
Registered Member

Wow, somehow I missed this discussion totally. Well no time like the present to chime in. I have a '98 DX HB 5-spd. I sort of half converted it to a track car, but the wonderful thing is that it'll just take a few hours to get it totally back to stock - stock engine, except for suspension and safety equipment. The other wonderful thing is that most of the car's life has not been out on the road, but mostly in the garage. It has 33k miles only for its entire life.

I was thinking about selling, including my daily driver civic and trade up to a '08 or '09 Si sedan. Thoughts? Anyone want to buy my '98 for a real pretty penny? (not serious unless the offer is really good).

I love the car and would like to drive it more often, but I'm afraid of someone stealing it since they are rather popular.

Any way, my two cents.

Take care all!

-SDF

smalldisplacementfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 05:25 PM   #32
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshopper View Post
That's some good mileage you guys are getting there. I have yet to get consistent 40's in my 96 hatchback but then again I had an EX engine and transmission (3000 rpms at 70 mph). Right now I have a VTEC-E engine with a VX transmission that I can barely get high 39mpgs with going 70 on the freeways. Are you guys hypermiling?
I don't know what kind of conversion you did but a d15z7 is not a VTEC-E engine but a 3 stage vtec. Your profile says d15z7, so unless you have it wrong, I have no idea what setup you have right now and for all we know, you're missing vital pieces of equipment like the EGR.

imzjustplayin is offline   Reply With Quote