Any cool cars? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-04-2007, 05:26 PM   #11
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUGRNAUT View Post
Is this strictly a car review for slow cars, or do you guys ever review anything that is fast, cool, AND gets good mileage? Such as the LS7 corvette Z06's?
so what is your daily driver? i would love to hear some reviews of cars with more power, so go for it, let us know.

Old 06-04-2007, 06:05 PM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete86 View Post
I have a '93 Accord. That's pretty cool, and fast as hell. Sometimes on the highway I'll take it up to 60.

Oh, that's too funny. Thanks for the laugh repete.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 06:05 PM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete86 View Post
I have a '93 Accord. That's pretty cool, and fast as hell. Sometimes on the highway I'll take it up to 60.

Oh, that's too funny on many levels. Thanks for the laugh repete.
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 06:16 PM   #14
Tuggin at the surly bonds

Cool

I think everyone thinks differently about what makes their car cool.

I grew up around small cars and sports cars, so I don't notice muscle cars and trucks too much. I liked the Corvettes up until the Stingrays around '68 and the Camaros 'til around '70: then they fell off my radar. I'm also turned off by poor fit-and-finish. As a kid, I wanted a Jaguar E-type or an Austin-Healey 3000. I still have a thing for roadsters. I liked the BMWs but not their negative yuppie stigma. Though they're still expensive, their ubiquity has brought the stigma down-to-earth, besides, 'DINKs' all want SUVs now.

I don't really worry what someone else thinks is cool/not-cool about what I drive, so I enjoy driving Golfs, 325s, Corollas, Tercels, Civics, Miatas, etc. I may never buy a Prius, but I really like the engineering triumph(s) and the resulting driving elegance.

If money was no object, I'd probably go after a Z8 or a Ferrari 365 GTS/4 Daytona Spyder.

In the meantime, I marvel at the modernity and design of my 325 wagon and the history and beauty of my garage queen Healey. Still, I think another Miata lurks somewhere in my future.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:31 AM   #15
Registered Member

ahhh the z8 one of my good friends had one in high school and all he had was problems. But his stepdad bought one that was being produced by a different firm at the time and had absolutely no problems with it. not as fast as i thought it would be though ferrari Daytona has to be one of the most beautiful cars ever made
falcon64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 08:38 AM   #16
Registered Member

In two weeks I will be going across the country in a 2003 Mazda Protege5, it is a versatile car. It is a wagon with a 5 speed. Will post a review thread on it. I am bringing the scanguage! The final drive is low in this car, so It can be fun to drive.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:43 PM   #17
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
How fast can you go in a car without getting on a race track?

both the Geo's, and Civic's have decent safty ratings, so I really take offence at them being called "death traps" just because I like cars that weigh less then 3,000 pounds, why do people spend alot of money on things like carbon fiber hoods? to save weight! but wait, your hood is part of your crumple zone, add it to your 3,000 pound car and you inch closer to creating your own death trap, I would rather start out with a stock 1,900 pound car that is engenired to be safe from the start, and has enough power that if you down shift your high geared tranny, it will push you back in your seat.
but personaly, if I want to go fast I'll hop in a motorcycle, and still get better mileage then most people on here.
GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 03:35 PM   #18
Registered Member

a chevette kinda takes off once your faster than 45. slam the pedal down get a tad studder from the other barrel opening up and off it goes. ive gotten it up to 80 mph but backed way off cuz it was vibrating so bad...ive gotten my 4 cyl truck up to 90 once. felt perfectly fine too...

bud id rather drive a chevette than drive a plastic mobile...
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:02 AM   #19
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
How fast can you go in a car without getting on a race track?

both the Geo's, and Civic's have decent safty ratings, so I really take offence at them being called "death traps" just because I like cars that weigh less then 3,000 pounds, why do people spend alot of money on things like carbon fiber hoods? to save weight! but wait, your hood is part of your crumple zone, add it to your 3,000 pound car and you inch closer to creating your own death trap, I would rather start out with a stock 1,900 pound car that is engenired to be safe from the start, and has enough power that if you down shift your high geared tranny, it will push you back in your seat.
but personaly, if I want to go fast I'll hop in a motorcycle, and still get better mileage then most people on here.
I'd have to say owning a car and a motorcycle is about the greatest thing since toast. On the one hand, I can drive my extremely basic little Ford Contour with a partially blown motor, or I can hop on a 37 horsepower 400 lb. antique and almost poop my pants! Well not now really, because of the snow... GRRRR

Oh my, I almost forgot to mention, I do have a fast, fuel efficient car. The civic! It will easily break 140 mph, and spin the tires at the top of 2nd (60-70mph), not the fastest car ever, but I love the blend of GREAT gas mileage (30mpg minimum) and enough power to be fun.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:32 AM   #20
Registered Member

Cool Get Real

How about the Mazda Miata? Looks great, can really fly, and can get over 30 mpg in daily driving without any mods or extreme action - just follow speed limits.

4seasonsmiata is offline   Reply With Quote