Any cool cars? - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-12-2008, 11:17 AM   #31
Registered Member

A little time with a fibreglass kit would pay off handsomely. Once you had molds, you could sell this kit to others. The performance is great but to be honest the car looks like hell warmed over ;-)

1966 Peugeot 404 Coupe Injection
Mike T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:31 PM   #32
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemybike View Post
I think my vans are cool, plenty fast (my friends often ask if I have a V8), and for what they are get good mileage (bigger interior than a Suburban, better mileage). Grumpy is really cool, I get a really big kick out of driving it. Just brings a smile to my face knowing that I only paid $250 for it. I also like to park it next to the most expensive cars and trucks I can find.
I put a carb'd 350 in my 87 Astro. Dualed the exhaust, put in a MSD ignition. It gets about the same mpgs as it did when it had the 4.3 in it. Sure sounds a lot better and pulls a boat a lot better too. Not to mention passing power. LOL

Old 07-13-2008, 10:43 PM   #33
Registered Member

Honorable Mention...

I like my cars but nothing that comes close to basjoos or this guy, i think he deserves mention....

http://www.digitalbiker.com/bugwing.htm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trike240.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	1180  
Old 07-14-2008, 06:43 PM   #34
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastcar View Post
omg your car made me allmost cry... I think that thing is funny looking. allright but seriously you should at least paint the door handle, and your side skirts, and get a clear corner marker. And if you ever put a vx motor in that thing Ill help you out info and pics. With a turbo and i think that you could brake a 100mpg.

On topic:
IMO the Integra Type-R with a turbo and a ls 5th gear would be a better all around car for sport, gas, fun, price (10 to 15 thousand dollars)
LOL 10-15 GRAND!? I'm 110% sure we are dealing with a 12 year old now. If not, I'm sorry. You must be compensating for something if you have to have a "pretty" car. You know I'm just playing with ya, well, haha no, I'm telling the truth, sometimes it hurts.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:51 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassntime View Post
I put a carb'd 350 in my 87 Astro. Dualed the exhaust, put in a MSD ignition. It gets about the same mpgs as it did when it had the 4.3 in it. Sure sounds a lot better and pulls a boat a lot better too. Not to mention passing power. LOL
Yeah, there are several people on www.astrosafarivans.com with 350s and they all report about the same mpg as the 4.3. I hope to stuff a turbo diesel engine in one someday.
ihatemybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:13 AM   #36
Registered Member

If you want fast, cheap, economical, and reliable, then a Civic or CRX with an engine swap is tough to beat. I personally have a 1988 CRX DX with a B18C5 from a JDM ITR. The car will absolutely BLOW AWAY a Mustang GT, while still delivering a minimum of 30MPG on the freeway (at least as good as your typical stock-engined CRX SI). Not to mention that CRXs are just plain fun to drive (ESPECIALLY with 200HP under the hood) and are (at least in my opinion) probably the best looking small cars of all times (especially compared to those goofy looking, tall crossover wannabes that pass for small cars these days). Yes, the ITR motor requires premium. But you know what? So does a Smart for Two. And it has neither the good looks nor the power of a B18C5 CRX. Or, for that matter, a REAL manual transmission.
StorminMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:29 PM   #37
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminMatt View Post
If you want fast, cheap, economical, and reliable, then a Civic or CRX with an engine swap is tough to beat. I personally have a 1988 CRX DX with a B18C5 from a JDM ITR. The car will absolutely BLOW AWAY a Mustang GT, while still delivering a minimum of 30MPG on the freeway (at least as good as your typical stock-engined CRX SI). Not to mention that CRXs are just plain fun to drive (ESPECIALLY with 200HP under the hood) and are (at least in my opinion) probably the best looking small cars of all times (especially compared to those goofy looking, tall crossover wannabes that pass for small cars these days). Yes, the ITR motor requires premium. But you know what? So does a Smart for Two. And it has neither the good looks nor the power of a B18C5 CRX. Or, for that matter, a REAL manual transmission.
I second that, swapped motor civics are SO easy to work on too. I've had old domestic cars (PITA) if you ask me, with their goofy spark plug orientation, and terrible designs, and newer cars, but my favorite car to wrench on is definetly the Honda.

I do have to say as a fellow swapped Civic owner (the heavier '95, had a turbo though) that a stock swapped B series is only AS fast as a new Mustang GT. Anything more than a few years old will be no problem, but keep an eye out for the new, manual, GT's, they'll be close. Interesting side note, the Mustang Saleen's (supercharged) are also near the same speed.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:28 PM   #38
Registered Member

Mitsubishi 3000GT Vr4 twin turbo. Bought it in 2005. 130 in 3rd with stock turbos and injectors. 170 top end with stock turbos. Bigger injectors and turbos coming. 4 wheel drive, rear wheel steering, electronic controlled suspension. Finicky as hell. Anything can go wrong with it at anytime, and it usually does. Its really fun to drive. (when its working).
1cheap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:39 PM   #39
Registered Member

Cobalt SS ftw
roadsterbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:47 AM   #40
Registered Member

Here's a cool car!

2009 Infiniti G37 Convertible