Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > News and Articles > Car Reviews
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 12-03-2007, 09:52 PM   #11
Supporting Member

bowtieguy -

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtieguy View Post
much thanks. does the HX come in 4 doors? kbb.com and nada.com only differentiate between 2 and 4 doors, not HX,DX, etc i think.

perhaps i need to google to learn more about the different models. and even find someone i know that owns one to see the backseat room for myself.

hopefully it is understood, why going to a dealer w/ 3 kids to find this out is not desireable. thanks again.
I never saw a four door HX, only the 2 door coupes.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:24 PM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
bowtieguy -

I never saw a four door HX, only the 2 door coupes.

CarloSW2
thanks carlos.

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:30 PM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyshack View Post
Your not going to be happy with a Civic and 3 growing kids in the back seat. That would be a late model Accord. My wife gets good mpg in her Accord. Seems to stay around the 32 mpg mark. Its a no brainer for her to turn in epa numbers or better.

I had two adults in the back seat of my 06 civic sedan. They did ok back there on a 400 mile trip. But t third person was out of the question.
thank you. i need a more efficient daily driver. the kids ride w/ me only once or twice/week usually short trips. i'm gettin 28-29mpg+ w/ my olds. an accord would not be enough of FE increase--at least not to warrant giving up $ for one.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:25 PM   #14
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to pyramid_head
Maybe a corolla, or a 4 door civic may satisfy you then. If you get a civic dx with a D16b7 engine, you will be able to get 55+ mpg if tuned correctly like transzex, a member of D-series.org. Check out the site, research around how he managed to squeeze out 130whp on his D16b7 project and still managed to get 55mpg. The threads are a bit scattered, so be patient.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=78385
Old 12-08-2007, 05:02 PM   #15

I second pyramid_head, don't take a Corolla out of the mix. Great car with very comparable mileage to a Civic and a nicer condition one can be had for the same amount of $$$. I just let my 01 go for $4k. Under 100k on it too.
BumblingB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 03:19 PM   #16
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid_head View Post
Maybe a corolla, or a 4 door civic may satisfy you then. If you get a civic dx with a D16b7 engine, you will be able to get 55+ mpg if tuned correctly like transzex, a member of D-series.org. Check out the site, research around how he managed to squeeze out 130whp on his D16b7 project and still managed to get 55mpg. The threads are a bit scattered, so be patient.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=78385
thank you. good stuff. trying to balance my needs($ and safety), trying not to rush while at the same time buy ASAP as a co-worker is interested in my olds. he needs a car soon because his car has mechanical issues.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:33 PM   #17
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
I would say to go with a Toyota Corrola, the Corrola should get 40mpg or better, and if you get a 5 speed, it should be extreamly low matence, plenty of room in the back seat (I've sat back their, 6' tall, 240lb's), I really like Honda's, but the 4 door modles have a slugish feel to them, and their mileage is pretty lousy, another option is the Scion XB, they look smaller, but are rather roomy inside altho they might still be new enough that the're a bit pricy.
GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:39 PM   #18
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
I would say to go with a Toyota Corrola, the Corrola should get 40mpg or better, and if you get a 5 speed, it should be extreamly low matence, plenty of room in the back seat (I've sat back their, 6' tall, 240lb's), I really like Honda's, but the 4 door modles have a slugish feel to them, and their mileage is pretty lousy, another option is the Scion XB, they look smaller, but are rather roomy inside altho they might still be new enough that the're a bit pricy.
thanks. looking @ the toyota corolla twin, prizm. seems to be more affordable.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:37 PM   #19
Registered Member

I got lucky in Nov 07 buying a 1999 Honda Civic HX from Craigslist for $3800 after taxes and license. Had 99,300 miles, and short ram intake, short shifter, and catback exhaust. Gets me 42 mpg avg doing 2 days city / 5 days hwy driving. It's only a 2 dr, but it moved 5 adults well + their luggage and wasn't sluggish.

JESSE69 is offline   Reply With Quote