Nissan Sentra? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > News and Articles > Car Reviews
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2018, 05:52 AM   #11
Registered Member

No more Nissans for me. Had a 96 Sentra and it was pretty rough. Mileage was not great also.

mohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 07:52 PM   #12
Out of Fuel

2018 NISSAN SENTRA exterior design is daringly impressive and has got many features like

SIGNATURE LED HEADLIGHTS
17" Ally wheels
Navigation system
NissanConnect Mobile Apps
NissanConnect Services powered by SiriusXM
Siri Eyes Free
BosePremium Audio System
Bluetooth
Hands-free Text Messaging Assistant
Sentra’s iPod/USB input .....

Aprilbruns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 08:50 PM   #13
Out of Fuel

I'm a great fan the Nissan Sentra. Nissan makes great cars but the Sentras are Nissan's most economical model...a very cheap to own car. And if you like luxury without breaking the bank, their Altimas and Maximas, etc are wonderful luxury cars yet extremely cheap to own and operate. I drive alot and need to keep my gas costs as low as possible.. I've been driving Sentras for about 12 yrs now with the 1.6 litre motor! and 5 spd/manual. I can freeway cruise at just a few mph above limit..so 73 when it's marked 70)..I usually get just over 40 mpg freeway (that's the 1.6litre!), unless I'm driving into a strong wind for much time. The early 90's models are my favorite for interior roominess and handling stability. I bought my 1990 Sentra (1.6 litre/5spd-manual) used with 243,000. miles and it had been abused and neglected. Recommended 10w30 or 10w40 would burn through it, make smoke, etc. I had to run 20w50 with 3 oz. of STP and 3 or so tablespoon of MarvelMysteryOil. That thing ran like a champ, passed smog!! until I got rid of it with 400,000 miles on it.. I also went to a slightly larger 13" tire for an even better ride. My '96 Sentra I have to replace because a previous owner did undisclosed damage to the front-end that I can't figure out and it's causing major wear-out problems with the motor mounts and CV joints. -Not the car's fault. All those parts are actually quite cheap... So you people who are looking to buy a cheap-to-own, reliable car, used Sentras are the way to go.. A well cared for Sentra with under 200,000 miles, if properly cared for, can probably go almost another 200,000.. I live in Redding CA where it gets hot.. My Sentras give me that kind of hi miles. I religously change oil, use a tiny bit of Marvel and, with my 200,000+ mile Sentra motors, I'll mix in a small amount of 20w50 for summertime heat, especially if the motor seems to "use" oil. A well cared for 1.6 litre won't "use" (you won't have to add very often)much oil at all. One little side-note nugget...I filled up my '90 Sentra 1.6litre/5spd (with way over 300,000 miles showing on odometer...tired old Sentra). That fill-up point in Redding is 210 miles from my next fill-up point at work in Hayward...most all freeway driving. The wind was with me that night as I headed south out of Redding on I-5 with a strong south wind almost all the way.. Traffic was lite that night. I topped off at the Valero on Hesperian and West Winton.. 5.6 gallons. The tank would not take more gas! Buy a Sentra. -Used. One that has been well cared for...with regular oil changes. A word of caution, though (and this will apply to any car). Don't ever overheat the motor. If you smell coolant/vapor or see steam from the hood..don't wait for the warning lights to come on. Pull over where it's safe and turn it off, I repeat, turn it off...before it begins to overheat. The motors do not, will not, last if they're overheated. So run good hoses (that includes heater hoses), good coolant and ya won't have a problem.
Aprilbruns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 06:19 PM   #14
Registered Member

I bought a used 2015 Sentra with 46.500 miles on it when I arrived in Hawaii. Quite pleased with the car. Good mileage, adequate room, easy to drive, and seems economical to maintain, and will hopefully will be a good value when we sell it when we leave this island state. It was inexpensive to purchase; it was a rental vehicle from Hertz no haggle price, full disclosures, warranties intact, all service records., etc. Pleased.

Accura is offline   Reply With Quote