Six months of trouble free driving with the Prius - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > News and Articles > Car Reviews
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2011, 02:36 PM   #11
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Re: Six months of trouble free driving with the Prius

Why is 50 in a 65 at night an excuse to "follow a tad too close" with your high beams on? Why not just pass?

If you're tailgating me I'll slow down. If I think you're doing it to be a jerk I'll slow down just enough to drive you crazy but not enough to make you pass (and I might speed up if you try to pass). If I think you're just an idiot without bad intentions, I'll slow down sharply to induce passing.

Somewhat on-topic, Prius drivers around here tend to tailgate, and their headlights are among the more glaring of OEM headlights.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:03 PM   #12
Registered Member

Re: Six months of trouble free driving with the Prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
Why is 50 in a 65 at night an excuse to "follow a tad too close" with your high beams on? Why not just pass?

If you're tailgating me I'll slow down. If I think you're doing it to be a jerk I'll slow down just enough to drive you crazy but not enough to make you pass (and I might speed up if you try to pass). If I think you're just an idiot without bad intentions, I'll slow down sharply to induce passing.

Somewhat on-topic, Prius drivers around here tend to tailgate, and their headlights are among the more glaring of OEM headlights.
not highbeams 4 low beams lol but anyways...highbeams would be 4 55W and then 2 65W bulbs

Id LOVE to pass, its what Im trying to do! I usually do this when they dont understand left lane is passing not floating in but both lanes are usually clogged with morons going 50 sometimes 40 in BOTH lanes, day or night rain or shine, I don't get it! I usually give em a couple seconds if thier actively passing someone but its when thier pacing them going 40 or "passing" them going like 43 that Its like ohhh kay... Ive seen a few other people go farther than I do and literally high-beam them AND lay on the horn, I backed way off when I saw a semi doing that

If its a slow car in the right lane and left is open I just merge way back behind them and cruise on by.

its not just 4 cyl cars either that drive slow, its the 4x4's suburbans, suv this, v6 or 8 car that...

but on the prius note, ive noticed that too, usually thier the ones jackrabbiting from stoplights/signs or whippin around traffic around here...between thier headlights and the new audi's those are 2 of the worst for glare. Chrysler ones aint bad, ford ones arent too bad, mercdees can be bad but not usually.

VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote