50cc just wouldn't cut it...new 150cc is great - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > Motorcycles
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2008, 07:10 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior View Post
Those chinese bikes arrive here as a pile of parts and it's up to the retailer to put them together, from what I've been hearing, it sounds like half the troubles with them are poor assembly, possibly exacerbated by poorly translated instructions, but experienced bike mechanics should be able to put one together right. I think the issue is that a lot of places just pay some spotty kid to throw them together, then refuse to stand behind their work/responsibility in that regard. So I figure you either need to get one at a discount, unassembled and do it right yourself, or you need to pay the extra hundred or two bucks from an established motorcycle dealer and make sure they have an actual mechanic putting them together and they'll stand up for their mistakes.
Wow. That's disappointing. For now, I'll stick with my little 50cc!

LauraQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:56 PM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Quarantiello View Post
Wow. That's disappointing. For now, I'll stick with my little 50cc!
No reason to be discouraged by that, there are lots of companies that will stand behind their scooters, as well as other countries with professional scooter assemblers.

I'd so love another little scooter for driving around town. I managed to pass a few cars in tight traffic haha.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:43 PM   #13
Registered Member

The is a difference between some "Chinese" and "Taiwan Chinese". There are also differences between "Chinese" to Chinese". It all depends on the Quality Controls put on by the company they are building for.

Genuine, Kymco, People among others are top notch. Adly/Lambretta, Q-Link (some are "Chinese Chinese"), are very good also. Others are really bad...you have to rerun the wiring, fuel lines with better tubing, ect., ect., ect. The main clue is if it sounds TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE (pricing especially), then it probably is. The Lance and a few others are pretty good "internet" scoots also.
2002 Air Box Mod...Air Tabs (5) on Roof...(3)each behind rear windows
Partial Grill Block with Custom Air Scoop and 3" Open Catback Exhaust
Lambretta UNO150cc 4 Stroke Scooter

DarbyWalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 06:14 PM   #14
Registered Member

I will be purchasing a 1999 49cc honda scoot with 1300 miles for 550$ soon. No tag or insurance required. Yeah! Just for short trips that are inefficient on my Burgman 400. I did a calculation for cost comparison...That 550 will propel my burgman in city driving about 6800 miles or 8200 highway miles. The Honda will get about 90 MPG vs the 60 on the burg but will only go about 35MPH. I look at it like this...If I ever lose my license for driving my vehicles too slow while hypermiling then I can always jump on the 49cc scoot. No license, no tag, no insurance. Just oil, gas, maint and lots of fun to scoot scoot around Another toy lol.

1fixitman is offline   Reply With Quote