I am guessing the insurance classified it like that because....
1. it doesnt have full fairings. So it is not aerodynamic at all. This thing above 60 on the highway is a upper body work out. Where a sport bike would have no problem there.
2. The seating position is more upright compared to a sport bike.
3. Compared to bikes like the r1 and gsx1000, etc... it does not have as much horsepower. Those "sport bikes" run about .7 seconds faster in the 1/4 mile. Which is crazy because this bike supposedly will do 11 flat at around 125.
4. The handle bars are straighter compared to a sport bike.
5. the weight compared to a sport bike. No aluminum frame.
So i guess insurance took that all into consideration.
Riders of this bike would be less likely to shoot for top speed runs on the highway etc...
No aggressive seating and 50 hp less than the super bikes.
Either way it all works out for me when i pay my bills.
If or WHEN i end up modifying it I am sure tweaking more HP would not be a problem. But who actually NEEDS to go over 125 mph in a 1/4 mile?
Order some golf shoes, otherwise we might never make it out of this place alive.