Buying a Helmet - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-23-2007, 10:44 AM   #1
*shrug*

Buying a Helmet

So, pursuant to this article: http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/ge...helmet_review/ I will be looking for a Z1R ZRP-1 helmet...anyone know of a good place to go and test fit one of these? Perhaps get one cheaply? I'm somewhat out in the middle of nowhere right now,

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:01 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
Knowing your hat size will help tremendously. Maybe you can get your hat size checked first, or even just measure your head circumference with a tailor's tape. You'll want the helmet to just touch your cheeks when worn if it is a full helmet.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:32 AM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
I was trying on motorcycle helmets today, and in the same brand, same stated size, the differnt modles of helmet fit differntly, so I would defently try one on befor buying it even if you know your hat size.
GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:11 PM   #4
Registered Member

Ryland is correct, they all fit differently. The Shoeis fits alot different then the Arai, etc. If it doesn't fit just right, it will drive you nuts when you're riding.

I would recommend getting a full face helmet and would not skimp on $. The premium ones are one heck of alot more comfortable, have less wind noise, and needless to say, probably would protect your better.
mrmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:44 PM   #5
*shrug*

I will be trying it on myself, of course.

If you read the article it talks about the difference between the expensive ones and the cheap ones, and those you just mentioned often conform to higher standards, which makes them harder, and actually transfers more shock in the end. The one I mentioned, which only retails for 80 bucks, got the lowest score of all the helmets they tested for actual shock transferred to the head.

*shrug*
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote