CB500X Bad fuel consumption readings - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-16-2015, 08:12 AM   #1
Registered Member

CB500X Bad fuel consumption readings

Hi all,

I have a 13' CB500XA. Since I bought it, the fuel consumption (and thus the avg km/L) has an error of about 25% (in my favor). For example, it says I have consumed 7 liters, and I refill the tank with 4. I have taken the bike for servicing this specific issue 6 times, and the dealership doesn´t know what to do. They have changed the display and the level sender but the problem persists. Last time they kept the bike for 3 weeks.

Have you guys have had this problem? What did you do about it? I'm getting tired of taking the bike to the dealership since they are doing nothing usefull...

I asked some guys in youtube reviews but they don't have this problem.

My fuel economy is ok (about 25 km/L)

felipin58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 07:57 PM   #2
Registered Member

Hi felipin58. I own the 2014 CBR500R model - same same issues with dash reading to actual consumption being all wrong. I've had a factory recall (Australian) for the fuel sender unit (not for accuracy though) & like yourself the dealership was hoping this would be the fix - but alas to all our disappointment it was not fixed.

All in all (out of shrugs from Honda) I live with it & only rely only on the trip meters A & B & the odometer - the other features all being junk readings. Once I ran the tank down to "Flashing" 2.2ltrs into reserve fuel on the dash & total litres used was at 19 litres - magic considering it's a 15.7ltr tank (Including reserve). So technically I should of had 500ml of fuel left. Nope - 14.4ltrs was the max I could squeeze in - even going over the filler neck.

So in summary I just manual reset trip A at each fuel up (I turned auto reset off) I could easily get 500km to a tank at 3.0 litres per 100, which I do get in good weather conditions & all the while the average on the dash will be saying between 25-26kms per litre. Perhaps the new update 2016 will have addressed the accuracy issues.

My fuel ups are under Monkey36 in 2014 CBR500R models.

Take Care
Monkey36 is offline   Reply With Quote