Got a Ninja 250!!! - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > Motorcycles
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2007, 10:03 AM   #11
Registered Member

Cool - and yellow too! Mine was red, but I was looking for green or yellow... didn't find any.

That seems like an amazing price. Mine was older, and had slightly more miles but I paid over $3k for it (though it was triple mint). I sold it 2 years later for the same price (not counting a new set of tires I put on).

Congrats.

In case you haven't found it yet, the good ninja board is ninja250.info and .net.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:59 AM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Cool - and yellow too! Mine was red, but I was looking for green or yellow... didn't find any.

That seems like an amazing price. Mine was older, and had slightly more miles but I paid over $3k for it (though it was triple mint). I sold it 2 years later for the same price (not counting a new set of tires I put on).

Congrats.

In case you haven't found it yet, the good ninja board is ninja250.info and .net.

What? They are 3k brand new. But I wanted something used just incase i dropped it. And getting this good of milieage It will actually pay for itself in 1 year of constant riding. And the weather in AZ is good enough to do that. It only rains 30 days a year here.

korax123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:00 PM   #13
Registered Member

As long as you're just doing short trips, you should be OK. I did one long-ish trip (5 hrs) and it was a pain in the neck

I should have shopped in the US for my bike then. New, they were going for around $5500 CDN here at the time. Then again the canuck peso was worth a lot less compared to the US buck 4 years ago. EG. now the new Honda CBR 125 is going for abour 3500 CDN.

Enjoy. Ride safe. If you haven't started using some of the defensive techniques you learned in your course, you'll soon start seeing lots of situations where you're going to need them.
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 06:15 PM   #14
Registered Member

Cool Bike. Bikes don't depreciate at all like they used to. I've bought a lot of nice bikes in the past pretty cheap from individuals. You'll do ok on mileage unless you really start hammering it hard driving 70mph. I get an average of 50mpg on my bike on the highway pretty much no matter how hard I ride it...but in town I'm lucky to get 30. That's only about 1 mpg different then my car usuing the A/C, so I stick with the car in town pretty much.
Regards Sonny
SonnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:31 PM   #15
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
if I were you I would replace the front blinkers with the larger stock ones, in the day time it's hard to see those mini blinkers, and I tend to keep an eye out for those kinds of things, altho it's hard to miss a bright yellow motorcycle, it's best that people notice your turn signals as well.
I think the ninja 250 is one of my favorite crotch rocket styled bikes that is avalible in the US, my next up would have to be the honda cbr 400, it was sold in japan with fuel injection, and a v-tec engine...
GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:44 AM   #16
Registered Member

That looks like fun! So that was a motorcycle defense class you took? I have always wanted one of those.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:06 AM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
if I were you I would replace the front blinkers with the larger stock ones, in the day time it's hard to see those mini blinkers, and I tend to keep an eye out for those kinds of things, altho it's hard to miss a bright yellow motorcycle, it's best that people notice your turn signals as well.
I think the ninja 250 is one of my favorite crotch rocket styled bikes that is avalible in the US, my next up would have to be the honda cbr 400, it was sold in japan with fuel injection, and a v-tec engine...
The bike came that way so when the blinkers break I will get some stockers on there. I will problably keep the bike for a couple of years atleast. It's pretty fun and fast enough for me. But my wife wants to learn how to ride now so when she does I might move up to the Ninja 650R.

And the class I took was the MSF Beginners course. Which is Motorcycle safty Foundation. It was fun and I never even rode a bike before going there and I passed so it's pretty easy.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:29 AM   #18
Registered Member

I use to have fits with the Ninja 250 riders. It seemed like it was there mission in life to pick fights with my RZ 350. They would have them all modd'ed out. Just had to try and beat the RZ. None of them ever did be it in straights or cornering. Last one to challenge the RZ hit a pole in off camber increasing radius turn. Kinda felt sorry for the guy. But he had been warned by three other riders on the ride that day. They were all on 1 liter bikes or bigger. The little Kaw. rider just didnt understand how fast the RZ was and how good of a rider I was.

I hope you have a good time on the little Ninja. They are soild little bikes.

psy
psyshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:20 AM   #19
Registered Member

Bike size doesn't really matter it's the skill of the rider. I have heard of a lot of stories of great riders on 250's beating bigger bikes in the twisties.

Old 05-22-2007, 10:29 AM   #20
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by korax123 View Post
Bike size doesn't really matter it's the skill of the rider. I have heard of a lot of stories of great riders on 250's beating bigger bikes in the twisties.
I would agree. Ive had several TZ 250's when I was younger. IE why I liked my RZ's sooooo much.

psyshack is offline   Reply With Quote