Has anyone tried those things that are supposed to trip traffic sensors @ red lights? - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > Motorcycles
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2010, 01:37 PM   #21
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Re: Has anyone tried those things that are supposed to trip traffic sensors @ red lig

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamesama980 View Post
I'd imagine an iron-based kick stand would work, as would magnets on the bottom, same as the other bikes.
How about clipless pedal cleats?

Old 08-01-2010, 03:53 PM   #22
Site Team / Moderator

Re: Has anyone tried those things that are supposed to trip traffic sensors @ red lig

I'd rather put a rare earth magnet in the heel of my boot.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:50 AM   #23

I've been using a Signal Sorcerer for more than 5 years now on 3 different bikes ('01 Triumph Thunderbird, '82 Kawasaki Spectre and '08 Triumph Scrambler, my current ride) and they do work. As you said, they are basically just a powerful magnet that you affix to the lowest point of the bike and try to position right over the wires of the induction loop. I would say they work on 95% of the lights around here.

In most cases I rode the bike for several weeks before getting the SS so I was able to ride to the intersections without the SS and then with it, and the difference was dramatic.

The older SS was a rectangular strip that seemed to fit well on the frame of the bike. The newer one I got for my Scrambler is a round disc. IMO it's not as easy to stick onto the frame. It also doesn't work as well, although that could also be because the bottom of the Scrambler frame is farther from the road.

Nevertheless, I swear by them. Yes, they do work.

Martinjmpr is offline   Reply With Quote