Scooter Sighting Thread! - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-10-2007, 11:31 PM   #21
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Newport is scooter central in the North East - we even have three wheeler rentals running around all over town - 4 or 5 different scooters park outside my office every day.

JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 06:07 AM   #22
Registered Member

I sighted this scooter in a friends barn. It's an 82' honda urban express 50cc. I traded some stuff for it so now it's mine . It needs some work and sort of runs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hondaUE.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	732  

jwxr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 06:21 AM   #23
Registered Member

Nice find. That looks awesome.
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:14 AM   #24
Registered Member

My new scooter gets 118.4mpg with no hypermiling techniques over the first 700 miles..and it is getting a bit faster too!

2002 Air Box Mod...Air Tabs (5) on Roof...(3)each behind rear windows
Partial Grill Block with Custom Air Scoop and 3" Open Catback Exhaust
Lambretta UNO150cc 4 Stroke Scooter

DarbyWalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:42 PM   #25
Registered Member

I bought my step-dad's '73 Honda Trail 90 (CT90) last year. He's the original owner. He just hauled it around on his RV bumper, and used it to put around the campgrounds.

It hasn't been run in decades. The weather is getting nice. And it's time for me to start the overhaul/restoration.

s2man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:52 PM   #26
Registered Member

Interesting bike the CT90, just looked it up and came across this page...
http://www.weightlessdog.com/ct90.nsf
which looks like it might help you with some stuff. I keep hankering after a road legal "rough road" bike, for poking around the boonies on. One of these looks like it would fit the bill quite nicely. Just wanna get down gravel/dirt roads and old railway beds etc, nothing too heavy. Would prefer something that can get up to 40-50 mph and can carry a pillion passenger, these up to it? Don't really want one of the more modern dual-sports with a huge motor though.
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:28 PM   #27
Registered Member

Nice link, RW. Thanks. I'll read up all I can before I start, so I know what problems are common (folks should know, since they've been around for 40 years!). Everyone I've ever met that had one, loved it. They've got a four-speed, dual range transmission. So you get low gears for off road and high ones for on. Wikipedia says top speed is 55mph, with FE around 100mpg. I wish I worked close enough to commute on it.

New subject:
I saw the scooter below at the Farmer's Market last summer (and found the pic on my laptop!). I've got no idea what it is, but the finger sized exhaust and the lack of license plate tells me it's probably <50cc. It drew a crowd of gawkers. Look at the features: Two-tube frame w/ integral gas tank. Mono shock rear suspension. Teeny engine. Mirrors and lights for street legal. Twin disk brakes. Passenger foot pegs. Minimalistic and pretty cool.

s2man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:16 PM   #28
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2man View Post

New subject:
I saw the scooter below at the Farmer's Market last summer (and found the pic on my laptop!). I've got no idea what it is, but the finger sized exhaust and the lack of license plate tells me it's probably <50cc. It drew a crowd of gawkers. Look at the features: Two-tube frame w/ integral gas tank. Mono shock rear suspension. Teeny engine. Mirrors and lights for street legal. Twin disk brakes. Passenger foot pegs. Minimalistic and pretty cool.
That would be a Sachs Madass, they only came out a year or two ago, Sachs has been around for many years and are apparently well made, and with a price tag of $1799 for a new one, I would hope they are hold up to the reputation, Apparently you can get them as a scooter (automatic tranny) or as a motorcycle (4 speed manual gear box) both with a 4 stroke engine, apparently Honda engines will bolt right in place too if you want a larger or to turn an automatic in to a manual, not sure if they use a Honda engine or not.
GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:08 AM   #29
QDM
Registered Member

I have a 71 CT90. They are indeed good little bikes. I wouldn't count on speeds over about 40 though unless you're going down hill with a tail wind. They will haul a passenger but not quickly. For low speed exploring on back roads and trails they are hard to beat. Put that tranny in low range and it becomes a little tractor that can go anywhere it can get traction. My daughter and I are taking it and my Lifan DS down to Death Valley in a couple weeks for some back country riding.

Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior View Post
Interesting bike the CT90, just looked it up and came across this page...
http://www.weightlessdog.com/ct90.nsf
which looks like it might help you with some stuff. I keep hankering after a road legal "rough road" bike, for poking around the boonies on. One of these looks like it would fit the bill quite nicely. Just wanna get down gravel/dirt roads and old railway beds etc, nothing too heavy. Would prefer something that can get up to 40-50 mph and can carry a pillion passenger, these up to it? Don't really want one of the more modern dual-sports with a huge motor though.

QDM is offline   Reply With Quote