Suzuki TU250 - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > Motorcycles
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2008, 02:54 AM   #21
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat0020 View Post
Engine reving any rpm, a twin cyclinder engine, each cylinder would have 1/2 the cylinder movement than a single cylinder engine.. less ring wear, less cylinder wear, less topend wear... seems to me common sense.. Have you ever ridden a single cyclinder engine bike at 8000 rpm?
When one cylinder moves in a multi, the others move too. And there's more surfaces available for wear and support of bearings, etc.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:56 AM   #22
QDM
Registered Member

Looks like a nice commute bike. The standard design is still my favorite for comfort. The single cylinder engine has fewer moving parts than a twin and maintenance should be easier. It's probably made in China and there's nothing wrong with that. Even BMW is having some of their engines built in China.

Q

QDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 05:35 AM   #23
Registered Member

Quote:
How about you give it a rest? I don't assume of your position.
I merely stated my opinion of the Suzuki TU250, and asked some questions about its cost effectiveness. What have you offered in this thread Jim. T?

$3500 for a 250cc fi thumper with a rear drum brake, non-adjustable suspensions, 5-speed, (looks to be like) non-radial tubed tires.. somehow I don't see this thumper capable of cruising comfortably with highway traffic at 70 mph for extended period of time like the Rebel or Ninja 250.

What is the fuel mileage of the new FI 883 Harleys?? as good as my $1699, 250cc carbed Chinese scooter?
I didn't "assume" on your position, it was very clear from your first post. You started ragging on the OP about all sorts of irrelivent bs, none of which the OP asked for. It's right here for all to see.

Jim T.

and BTW I like thumpers too.

Ignorance is lack of knowing; stupidity is false logic
Jim T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:22 AM   #24
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD26 View Post
When one cylinder moves in a multi, the others move too. And there's more surfaces available for wear and support of bearings, etc.
I've ridden thumper dirt bikes, rebuilt topends on them every season due to the sustained high rpm engine operation, seen first hand what cylinder head/rings damage look like when you sustain high engine rpm. Bearing damage, not so much..

Twin cylinder engine do not suffer the same heat related type damage as a thumper engine at sustined high rpm engine operation.

Again, have you ridden a thumper at 8000 rpm for any sustained amount of time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. View Post
I didn't "assume" on your position, it was very clear from your first post. You started ragging on the OP about all sorts of irrelivent bs, none of which the OP asked for. It's right here for all to see.

Jim T.
Quote:
cat0200, you just don't get it. That is what he wants, not you or I or anyone else. Just him. He doesn't want used. Get over it already. You and I may love working on older bikes but that doesn't mean he does. Sure he can learn how to work on one, but maybe he doesn't want to. GIVE IT A REST!

Jim T.
Quote:
Because thats what he want's. Not a used bike, not a torque-converter driven scotter, but a 5 speed fuel injected Sukuzi.

And I would never trust my life to a chinese powered anything.

Jim T.
So far, all three of your posts in this thread contain assumptions, not only towars me, but also towards thread starter's preference of what he wants.
Would you disagree that at $3499 there are no better performing bikes on the market (new or used) to be better than a Suzuki TU250, am I wrong on that one??

Again, what have you offered in this thread, Jim. T?.. other than trying to make me feel bad and how badly you want to be right?
Old 11-01-2008, 07:11 AM   #25
Registered Member

Quote:
I've ridden thumper dirt bikes, rebuilt topends on them every season due to the sustained high rpm engine operation, seen first hand what cylinder head/rings damage look like when you sustain high engine rpm. Bearing damage, not so much..

Twin cylinder engine do not suffer the same heat related type damage as a thumper engine at sustined high rpm engine operation.

Again, have you ridden a thumper at 8000 rpm for any sustained amount of time?

So far, all three of your posts in this thread contain assumptions, not only towars me, but also towards thread starter's preference of what he wants.
Would you disagree that at $3499 there are no better performing bikes on the market (new or used) to be better than a Suzuki TU250, am I wrong on that one??

Again, what have you offered in this thread, Jim. T?.. other than trying to make me feel bad and how badly you want to be right?
Why would I ride ANYTHING at 8k sustained for a long period of time?
And wether or not there are better new or used bikes available has no bearing on the OP's original post.
I'm sorry if you feel that this was about what's right and wrong, it's not. I've assumed nothing here.

Jim T.

Old 11-01-2008, 07:15 AM   #26
Registered Member

I fed my kitty chocolate, Is that wrong?
Minicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 09:46 AM   #27
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to jeep45238
Jesus......start acting like adults. I've seen 7 year olds act more civily.

It's words on a computer screen written by some random person that knows nothing about you, and you're letting them get under your skin for no reason at all. Move on already.

jeep45238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:57 AM   #28
Registered Member

I posed simple questions in my previous post, appearantly they were too difficult to answer.

My opinion is that $3500 (or less) could be better spent on used bikes that would out perform the Suzuki TU250 as a street commuter.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:38 PM   #29
Registered Member

I just found out my girlfriend had a sex change 5 years ago. Should I break up with her?
Minicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:02 PM   #30
Registered Member

Quote:
I posed simple questions in my previous post, appearantly they were too difficult to answer.

My opinion is that $3500 (or less) could be better spent on used bikes that would out perform the Suzuki TU250 as a street commuter.
And I replied, is it YOUR $3,500 bucks? No it isn't.
And what part of "Why would I ride ANYTHING at 8k sustained for a long period of time?" did you misinterpret? Your question was irrelevant to why the OP likes the Suzuki TU250 anyway.

You sir are fairly dense aren't you?

Jim T.