Suzuki TU250 - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-01-2008, 03:24 PM   #31
Registered Member

I like the bike, and certain people have no preception of what constitutes a civilized, rational discussion.

regards
gary

Old 11-01-2008, 06:38 PM   #32
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. View Post
And I replied, is it YOUR $3,500 bucks? No it isn't.
And what part of "Why would I ride ANYTHING at 8k sustained for a long period of time?" did you misinterpret? Your question was irrelevant to why the OP likes the Suzuki TU250 anyway.

You sir are fairly dense aren't you?

Jim T.

Actually, my questions could and should be answered by simple yes or no, and you provided no anwer for either of my followng questions:

Have you ridden a thumper at 8000 rpm for any sustained amount of time?

Would you disagree that at $3499 there are no better performing bikes on the market (new or used) to be better than a Suzuki TU250, am I wrong on that one??

Simple "yes" or "no" answers, please. I will explain the relevence once you've provided your answers. Thank you.

Assumption of me being "dense" isn't necessary, but rather insuting, which seems to be something you do most in this thread.

Old 11-02-2008, 02:15 AM   #33
QDM
Registered Member

I've been riding motorcycles for over 40 years and I used to be a motorcycle mechanic.

I have not ridden a thumper at 8000 RPM for any sustained time period. My thumpers all maxed out around the 7000 RPM range with power dropping off rapidly after that. My current 200cc Lifan dual sport also maxes out at around 7000 which is perfect for the way I ride it. Nice wide power band. I have ridden my old CX500 at over 8000 RPM for hours at a time with no problem but the engine was designed for that.

Comparing performance of $3499 bikes is a matter of opinion. Not everybody wants a plastic covered sport bike or cruiser style twin. Some of us like the simplicity, comfort, and looks of a single cylinder standard. Sure you could go faster on a Ninja 250 but not everyone wants to go fast.

Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat0020 View Post
Actually, my questions could and should be answered by simple yes or no, and you provided no anwer for either of my followng questions:

Have you ridden a thumper at 8000 rpm for any sustained amount of time?

Would you disagree that at $3499 there are no better performing bikes on the market (new or used) to be better than a Suzuki TU250, am I wrong on that one??

Simple "yes" or "no" answers, please. I will explain the relevence once you've provided your answers. Thank you.

Assumption of me being "dense" isn't necessary, but rather insuting, which seems to be something you do most in this thread.
QDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:01 AM   #34
Registered Member

Quote:

[Have you ridden a thumper at 8000 rpm for any sustained amount of time?
And AGAIN I'll say why would you? short of a four-stroke motorcross engine there is NO relevence to a 250cc street bike. But I did ride a Sukuki GT185 twin, two-stroke at 8.5k for over 90 miles once long ago. I've riden but never owned a four stroke single. No.

Quote:
Would you disagree that at $3499 there are no better performing bikes on the market (new or used) to be better than a Suzuki TU250, am I wrong on that one???
Is a Ninja250 faster? Probably. Is a five year old SV250 cheaper? Probably. Are either of them a brand new Suzuki GU250 with fuel injection and a warranty? No.

Quote:
Done

Quote:
It was an assumption based on your first post which totally ignored the fact that the OP asked for nothing in his post, nothing. he simply posted up a bike link more or less saying "looky here guys this is neat isn't it?". You went totally off base on your "buy like I do or we'll all die in the earth's impending implosion" rant, or the "why buy new because I always buy used and you should too or we'll all die in the earth's impending implosion" rant.
At that point I was no longer assuming your level of density, It was verified.
Besides I bought two used bikes this year so that makes up for the OP buying one new one right?

Jim T.

Ignorance is lack of knowing; stupidity is false logic
Jim T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:04 AM   #35

better performing 250cc standard bikes. I honestly can't think of one, the honda nighthawk 250 is a standard but with no disk brake to be found I hardly think it would equal the tu250. If we are comparing class to class this is the best in it's class if you want to lump all 250's together then go ahead but that is an unfair comparison. Look at 250 standard bikes side by side and this one would be the better bike.

POWER
nighthawk has a 234cc engine
tu250 has a 249cc engine

SAFETY
nighthawk has drum brakes front and rear
tu250 has Disk front drum rear
then we get into ease of operation
nighthawk has a carburetor (just one for both cylinders)
tu250 has EFI (no choke to mess with no float bowl and fewer moving parts)

finally cost NEW for NEW
night hawk cost's $3699
tu250 cost $3499
$200 cheaper than a lesser competitor
I can see why the OP likes the tu250
Philip1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:40 AM   #36
Registered Member

What would you think the engine rpmrange would be the little TU250 to keep up with traffic on highways up to say, 70 mph?

Why limit a $3499 bike purchase to 250cc or below?

My 2001 Suzuki Bandit 600 was purchased at $1800
My 2002 SV650 was purchased $2100
Both bikes purchased from Craigslist this past month, both out perform TU250 and seems to me far better purchase, too.

Reliable used bikes that do not need warranty and out perform a Suzuki TU250 are plenty available at less than $3499.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:43 PM   #37
Registered Member

Hey Cat, do you need to post the same information twice?

"Outperform"

You assume that is what the OP wants, and you are wrong.

Your used bikes loose the economy comparison, so they do not outperform his choice.

You assume the OP wants what you want, and again you are wrong.

You assume the OP wants to deal with used and take his chances. Again you are wrong, he made it obvious he had already made his decision, and could afford the price.

I have owned bikes that would eat your choices for lunch. Does the fact that I paid less than you did make me right. I guess using your standards, it does.

regards
gary
Old 11-02-2008, 03:06 PM   #38
Registered Member

Wrong I could be, but I also spent less money for highway capable motorcycle that more than likely out brakes and out acceerates Suzuki TU250...

Fuel economically is TU250 going to get better milage than 50 mgh at highway speed? I doubt it.

Tell me, what kind of motorcycle have you seen eaten another for lunch? I've never seen motorcycles eating each other.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:09 PM   #39
Registered Member

And your CO emissions are probably 5 times the FI bike.

regards
gary
Old 11-02-2008, 03:19 PM   #40
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.D.E. View Post
And your CO emissions are probably 5 times the FI bike.

regards
gary
3 times at the most, 5 times, not likely unless I have 1250cc displacement... but my operating time will likely be shorter for traveling the same amount of given distance... less operating time, less emissions.

If you really want less emission, burn calories, not oil..pedal a bike.