Suzuki TU250 - Page 5 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-02-2008, 03:38 PM   #41
Registered Member

Carburetor versus FI with DFCO. You're dumping many times the unburned HC. In fact think 0 to whatever yours might be, everytime you decelerate. Think ancient obsolete British sports cars of the 60S.

Raw fuel, and you were worried about conservation of materials.

regards
gary

Old 11-02-2008, 03:45 PM   #42
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.D.E. View Post
Carburetor versus FI with DFCO. You're dumping many times the unburned HC. In fact think 0 to whatever yours might be, everytime you decelerate. Think ancient obsolete British sports cars of the 60S.

Raw fuel, and you were worried about conservation of materials.

regards
gary

Ancient obsolete British sports cars of the 60S, is not likely to out accelerate or out brake my $1800 used motorcycle that average over 50 mpg..

Old 11-02-2008, 04:09 PM   #43
Registered Member

Did you pass English comp? The analogy is your carbed bike is as bad as those old clumkers with loads of unburned fuel dumping out the tailpipe when you left off the gas, regardless of your mileage. A 58 VW got close to 43 and you didn't get wet in bad weather.

You opened that can of worms with the comment about conserving resources, while you are a gross polluter, dumping unburned fuel into my atmosphere, when you have a FI option that eliminates the problem.

My VX carries 5 people and beats your carbed bike.

When the OP gets HIS CHOICE, I hope he gets a hundred MPG. Might even have to buy one for myself. Retired and not in any hurry anyway.

regards
gary
Old 11-02-2008, 04:17 PM   #44
QDM
Registered Member

Heck, I bought an old full dress Goldwing last year for $800.00. Will cruise at over 100 mph and has gotten over 50 mpg a couple times on trips (not at 100 mph). That doesn't mean everyone want's a Goldwing.

Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat0020 View Post
Wrong I could be, but I also spent less money for highway capable motorcycle that more than likely out brakes and out acceerates Suzuki TU250...

Fuel economically is TU250 going to get better milage than 50 mgh at highway speed? I doubt it.

Tell me, what kind of motorcycle have you seen eaten another for lunch? I've never seen motorcycles eating each other.
QDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:25 PM   #45
Registered Member

LOL, if you want less emissions move out of Philly.

reagrds
gary
Old 11-02-2008, 04:54 PM   #46
Registered Member

Quote:
Did you pass English comp? The analogy is your carbed bike is as bad as those old clumkers with loads of unburned fuel dumping out the tailpipe when you left off the gas, regardless of your mileage. A 58 VW got close to 43 and you didn't get wet in bad weather.
I have to say, I have never experienced anything as such. Seems to me you have way more experience at polluting than I do.

Quote:
You opened that can of worms with the comment about conserving resources, while you are a gross polluter, dumping unburned fuel into my atmosphere, when you have a FI option that eliminates the problem.
Calling names isn't necessary, how can you know that my motorcycle pollute more than your vehicle? your atomsphere? I doubt FI is any less polluting than a properly setup carburated vehicle.

Quote:
My VX carries 5 people and beats your carbed bike.
Your VX cost how much to purchase?
Your VX capable of lane spliting in bumper to bumper traffic?
Your VX is not likely to out accelerate or out brake my $1800 motorcycle neither.

Quote:
When the OP gets HIS CHOICE, I hope he gets a hundred MPG. Might even have to buy one for myself. Retired and not in any hurry anyway.

regards
gary
Whatever the OP chooses is his choice, whether it be economical is determined by the amount he spends, if better performing motorcycles could be found for less money, I'd say that's more economical, regardless of warranty availability.

Quote:
LOL, if you want less emissions move out of Philly.

reagrds
gary
How is this comment of yours relevant to this thread?
Old 11-02-2008, 04:58 PM   #47
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDM View Post
Heck, I bought an old full dress Goldwing last year for $800.00. Will cruise at over 100 mph and has gotten over 50 mpg a couple times on trips (not at 100 mph). That doesn't mean everyone want's a Goldwing.

Q
Would you consider your $800 Goldwing a better economic choice than a $3499 250cc single cylinder FI motorcycle with a rear drum brake and non-radial tires?
Old 11-02-2008, 06:29 PM   #48
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minicity View Post
I just found out my girlfriend had a sex change 5 years ago. Should I break up with her?
Maybe, but buy her a TU250 first.

I've never been a fan of the standard style of bike. I like something where it doesn't matter if it gets dinged up a bit or not like a dual sport. I like Suzuki's DR200 for getting around. It's definately light weight, and the upright riding position provides terrific visibility. I just wish I could justify getting one, but my commute is only 4 miles and it takes me 1-1/2 months to go through a single tank of gas in the car. Even the motored bicycle is hardly saving me any money on fuel.

I think, therefore I doubt.
Snax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:11 AM   #49
QDM
Registered Member

For me yes but not for everybody. I'm in a position where I can have several bikes in the stable. I wanted the Goldwing for trips but around town it sucks so I ride my smaller bikes. Best money I ever spent on a new bike was the $1375.00 I spent on the Lifan 200cc dual sport a year ago. Makes a good economical around town bike and is great for playing on the trails.

Single cylinder engines have some advantages as do fuel injection, rear drum brakes, and bias ply tires.

Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat0020 View Post
Would you consider your $800 Goldwing a better economic choice than a $3499 250cc single cylinder FI motorcycle with a rear drum brake and non-radial tires?
QDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:57 AM   #50
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDM View Post
Single cylinder engines have some advantages as do fuel injection, rear drum brakes, and bias ply tires.

Q
I'm sure they do, but for $3499??

Like I said before, Ninja 250 is about that price range.. dual disc brakes, 6-speed, dual radial tires, rev up to 13,000 rpm... not that I like a bike with full fairing or sport bike looks.. it seems like a better value for $3499 than a Suzuki TU250..