Suzuki TU250 - Page 6 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-03-2008, 05:27 AM   #51
Registered Member

Gentlemen, cat0200 simply does not get it. Give it up.
His only purpose here is to argue his view. It's his opinion and he's stuck with it. He can't reply to anything with a straight answer except "you should all not buy a TU250 but instead buy used POS like me."
cat0200, did you buy two similar bikes so you could use one for a parts bike?

Jim T.

oh and where are my relevance answers I was promised? Too busy arguing your limited view with others?

Ignorance is lack of knowing; stupidity is false logic
Jim T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:44 AM   #52
Registered Member

Two old bikes versus one new.

More insurance

A lot more mechanical issues

Exponentailly more pollution to add to the existing accumulation

Twice the parts needing potential replacement

Twice the deterioration

Twice the chance of theft

We read about members getting 80 MPG with Ninja 250s, the OP's choice could potentially get 100 if driven conservatively, which is what it is designed for in the first place.

Assuming it gets close to that the real cost difference may actually tip in his favor, if you choose to look at this objectively, like considering the cost of space where you store two versus one bike.

regards
gary

Old 11-03-2008, 06:04 AM   #53
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. View Post
Gentlemen, cat0200 simply does not get it. Give it up.
His only purpose here is to argue his view. It's his opinion and he's stuck with it. He can't reply to anything with a straight answer except "you should all not buy a TU250 but instead buy used POS like me."
cat0200, did you buy two similar bikes so you could use one for a parts bike?

Jim T.

oh and where are my relevance answers I was promised? Too busy arguing your limited view with others?
I promised you nothing, I simply said that I will explain.. and I have been more than polite to be on the receiving end of your mockery.. which IMO displays you inability to argue your points effectively and intelligently. Your attempt to convince the rest of posters in this thread to give up on their arguements is assumption that everyone else should think like you do.

If you've never ridden a thumper at sustained high rpm operation, you don't know what kind of mechinical issues that may araise from operating a thumper at high rpm, more than likely, you have no expereience rebuilding a topend of a thumper.. air-cooled thumper engines are not meant for sustaine high rpm operation, the engine temperature does not stay as consistant as a water-cooled engine, valve, cylinder head, cylinder wall all suffere a great deal when the engine temperature vary a great deal.

I'm not sure of you second answer, I see it as no, that means you personally can not find a better purchase for $3499 than a Suzuki TU250, if that's the case, you seem to be less qualified to make judgement on what's a good purchase for motorcycle.

Oh, and my used POS, as you put it, will out perform your vehicle.. and will be sold for more than I purchased them next riding season..
Old 11-03-2008, 06:11 AM   #54
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.D.E. View Post
Two old bikes versus one new.

More insurance

A lot more mechanical issues

Exponentailly more pollution to add to the existing accumulation

Twice the parts needing potential replacement

Twice the deterioration

Twice the chance of theft

We read about members getting 80 MPG with Ninja 250s, the OP's choice could potentially get 100 if driven conservatively, which is what it is designed for in the first place.

Assuming it gets close to that the real cost difference may actually tip in his favor, if you choose to look at this objectively, like considering the cost of space where you store two versus one bike.

regards
gary
Two old bikes that cost combined $160 to insure annually.

Two old bikes with combined cost of $3900 to purchase, both outperform a retro-wannabe brand new bike that cost $3499 without tax.

Air-cooled thumper, like the Suzuki TU250 is more likely to break down than a water-cooled twin or oil-cooled 4 cyclinder motorcycle, both of which have proven reliability in real world for the last 8 years or more.

I could sell both of my bikes and get $4000 next season, easily.
Do you think you could find a used Suzuki TU250 that fetch for more than its purchased price by the time it is 6 years old?
Old 11-03-2008, 06:17 AM   #55
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat0020 View Post
Oh, and my used POS, as you put it, will out perform your vehicle.. and will be sold for more than I purchased them next riding season..
If you think that an SV650 will outperform a 06 Honda VFR800, then you truly ARE delusional.

Jim T.

and don't worry too much about what I post about you, everyone else here has pretty much figured your BS out by now.

plus I buy bikes to ride, not sell.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:24 AM   #56
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. View Post
If you think that an SV650 will outperform a 06 Honda VFR800, then you truly ARE delusional.

Jim T.

and don't worry too much about what I post about you, everyone else here has pretty much figured your BS out by now.

plus I buy bikes to ride, not sell.
I don't see a VFR800 listed as your vehicle.. all I see are:

2000 Contour (SOLD)
Mazdaspeed3
9.39L/100KM
25.05 MPG(US)

maybe you should add it to your list just to prove that you actually own a motorcycle..

Wanna prove your words on a track day? I'll provide housing for your visit to Mt. Pocono Racetrack for a few days, take a road trip on your VFR, come to ride a trackday weekend.. I'll ride my SV650S or Bandit 600.. I'll even help you get your VFR800 tapped up for track use.

I bought a 2000 VFR800 with 16,000 mi. for $2900 without warranty in 2003, sold it for $2900 in August this year with 28,000+ miles on the odometer. I'd say it was a better purchase than $3499 Suzuki TU250.

I buy bikes that I ride and sell; I've ridden and sold many bikes; I've made some good money selling my used bikes.

Both of my motorcycles bought last month I've put over 300 and 600 miles on each one respectively according to my GasLogs.. how many miles have you ridden your VFR800 last month.. more than my combined 900 miles on both my bikes?

I enjoy riding, I enjoy working on bikes.. even though they may pollute more than a 250cc single cylinder FI Suzuki TU250.. but they offer me enjoyment that a TU250 can not offer and they cost less.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:12 AM   #57
Registered Member

Quote:
I don't see a VFR800 listed as your vehicle.. all I see are:

2000 Contour (SOLD)
Mazdaspeed3
9.39L/100KM
25.05 MPG(US)

maybe you should add it to your list just to prove that you actually own a motorcycle..

I bought a 2000 VFR800 with 16,000 mi. for $2900 without warranty, without title in 2003, sold it for $2900 in August this year with 28,000+ miles on the odometer. I'd say it was a better purchase than $3499 Suzuki TU250.

I buy bikes that I ride and sell; I've ridden and sold many bikes; I've made some good money selling my used bikes.

Both of my motorcycles bought last month I've put over 300 and 600 miles on each one respectively according to my GasLogs.. how many miles have you ridden your VFR800 last month.. more than my combined 900 miles on both my bikes?

I enjoy riding, I enjoy working on bikes.. even though they may pollute more than a 250cc single cylinder FI Suzuki TU250.. but they offer me enjoyment that a TU250 can not offer and they cost less.
Oh we're going to throw out the "how many miles have you ridden, tired old arguement. Well if you must know I'm driving to pick up the Viffer Saturday. But I have logged over 500k in the last 28 years of street riding. I sold my 06 Triumph Sprint in 07 with 36k on it. I owned it fifeteen months. I've ridden in sun, rain, snow, sleet, and in above 100 degree temps. I still right now own four bikes, just because they are not in my mileage logs does not mean they aren't there. I ride because I love to ride, not worry about gas mileage. Jesus, I've owned more bikes (35+) than you've been walking on this planet in years dude!

Now own,
1991 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 presently under restoration (78k on it)
1972 Kawasaki H2 720 due for restoration in 09.
1981 Kawasaki LTD 440 also due for resroration in 09.
1970 Honda Trail 90's (2) one running, one not
1978 Hondamatic 400 (3.1k)
and Saturday a 2006 Hondae VFR800

I didn't ride at all in October due to working out of town, but in September I logged 1,800 miles on a dam Hondamatic 400! All local farting around and going for a coffee all within ten miles of my house.

I don't need to buy and sell bikes for income, I'm paying $7,500 for an 06 viffer with 2,2k and a full warranty AND a title. And I don't really care what it's worth in three or four years because I'm not going to sell it. And I'm paying cash for it. And since I made 47k writing 95 insurance claims in 29 days in Louisville, KY I'm taking the month of November off to goof-off and ride the piss out of it.

The only drawback to all these vehicles is oil changes generate a LOT of used oil.

Don't even try the how much do you ride crap with me.

Jim T.

Good thing I kept pictures of the plane before I sold it, nobody would believe i actually had owned one. (sarcasm, sarcasm)

Old 11-03-2008, 07:35 AM   #58
Registered Member

I never said that I need to buy and sell bikes, much less for income.. though they have been lucrative for me. I said that I enjoy riding, working on bikes.

$7500 that's a pretty good deal..
With all the miles that you ride, 500k in 28 years, that's about 17k miles a year.

Annually (on the VFR if you put 17K miles on it) you would probably spend $400-500 labor valve adjustment on that V-tec engine... $200-300 labor for that ABS brake fluid change.... plus chain/sprocket/tires/brake pads/oil/filters.. maybe $600-800 consumables for your VFR, since you are not going to sell it.. none of that covered by warranty.

I tend to sell a bike after I've ridden it to the point that it needs replacing comsumables.

So you ride some miles and have time off? how about riding up here in November to do some track day with your VFR against my SV650S? ride the piss out of it as you said.. more likely you have to piss before it runs out of fuel.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:58 AM   #59
Registered Member

My smurf powered bike gets great performance, and only pollutes blue poop. I built it with three toothpicks, and a flashlight.
Minicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:38 PM   #60
Registered Member

Quote:
I have to say, I have never experienced anything as such. Seems to me you have way more experience at polluting than I do.

Calling names isn't necessary, how can you know that my motorcycle pollute more than your vehicle? your atomsphere? I doubt FI is any less polluting than a properly setup carburated vehicle.

YOUR GRAMMAR IS ALMOST AS POLLUTING AS YOUR CARBED BIKES

Your VX cost how much to purchase?

LESS THAN YOUR TWO BIKES, BETTER MILEAGE, YEAR AROUND OPERATION
GAME SET MATCH

Your VX capable of lane spliting in bumper to bumper traffic?

YOUR DRIVING HABITS ARE EQUALLY LACKING. IS THIS THE WAY TO BETTER MILEAGE? SOUNDS TO ME LIKE THE WAY TO A MORGUE. I GUESS I AM NOT IN AS BIG A HURRY TO GET THERE AS YOU SEEM TO BE.

Your VX is not likely to out accelerate or out brake my $1800 motorcycle neither.

TRY EITHER -DOUBLE NEGATIVE-POOR GRAMMAR AGAIN. MAYBE YOU NEED TO GO TO SCHOOL INSTEAD OF A TRACK.

Whatever the OP chooses is his choice, whether it be economical is determined by the amount he spends, if better performing motorcycles could be found for less money, I'd say that's more economical, regardless of warranty availability.

AGAIN YOU JUST DONT GET IT, YOU ASSUME HE NEEDS TO WORK ON HIS OWN.

How is this comment of yours relevant to this thread?

MORE RELEVANT THAn ALL OF YOUR REPLIES COMBINED. MAYBE YOU SHOULD CONSIDER MORE EDUCATION SO YOU CAN MAKE MONEY LIKE JIM T, OR ME, AND NOT HAVE TO BE YOUR OWN MECHANIC, ONLY TO SELL YOUR BIKES "WHEN THEIR SERVICES NEED TO BE PERFORMED". YOU SOUND LIKE A REAL JEWEL TO DEAL WITH. FOUND ANY GOOD SUCKERS LATELY!

regards
gary