Suzuki TU250 - Page 7 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-03-2008, 02:23 PM   #61
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to jeep45238
Wow...takes a real man to challenge some random person behind a screen to a race. That'll teach everybody whose opinion is right and whose opinion is wrong when dealing with a subject matter where nobody gives a rat's *** about speed or the racer's opinions on whose vehicle is better.

I'm a chevy truck guy. I don't like everything they do to their trucks, but I like them compared to ford or dodge. That's my opinion and what is best for MY driving habits, repair skills, maintenance costs, vehicle storage, and vehicle usage. Does that mean my old 93 chevy is THE best truck option out there, bar none? Hell no. Just for me.

Grow up. Opinions are like *******s, everybody's got one and they all stink. We're all sick of hearing about opinions here when this guy (who like small displacement engines) just wanted a few bits of input and the people giving opinions can't get past their own damn inflated egos enough to just shut the hell up.

jeep45238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:23 PM   #62
Registered Member

Sure, can't win in an argument, pick on my grammar.. at least I know that $3499 is to much to spend on a bike like a Suzuki TU250... and either one of my motorcycle can out pace your Civic VX anyday, even in bumper to bumper traffic.

Since you can't lane split in your vehicle, you don't know how to do it safely and more than likely, don't know how to drive effectively.

Suckers are easy found in you, if you believe that $3499 for a Suzuki TU250 is actually cost effective. If you can't tell that one on your own, all your education doesn't seem to be help you if you lack common sense.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:45 PM   #63
Registered Member

Drive your bike on down to Virginia when there is a sheet of ice on the road.

Try your "lane splitting" on the DC beltway, or I95 south of there on a rainy evening with a bunch of other "lane splitters" to meet you in front of a Peterbilt.

Maybe go for 500 miles in a pouring rain without having to refill your tank.

It took me exactly 34 hours of installing a sheet stone veneer on the side of the house I built, to make enough money to buy that bike, or my VX.

Oh yes, and when I sold someone any vehicle, they did not have to drive it to someones service department IMMEDIATELY. All services were up to date, because I always treated people with some personal integrity.

Maybe you should look up the definition of the word.

regards
gary
Old 11-03-2008, 04:02 PM   #64
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.D.E. View Post
Drive your bike on down to Virginia when there is a sheet of ice on the road.

Try your "lane splitting" on the DC beltway, or I95 south of there on a rainy evening with a bunch of other "lane splitters" to meet you in front of a Peterbilt.

Maybe go for 500 miles in a pouring rain without having to refill your tank.
Those senerio you want me to do seem lacking common sense for safety, similar to you idea of lane-spliting. Actually, I have lane-splitted on the Beltway when it is bumper to bumper traffic moving below 10 mph. Lane splitting at below 25 mph in that traffic was safe and fuel efficient.

Quote:
It took me exactly 34 hours of installing a sheet stone veneer on the side of the house I built, to make enough money to buy that bike, or my VX.
What bike are you talking about? is a number figure for the price you paid for your VX too much for you to express?

Quote:
Oh yes, and when I sold someone any vehicle, they did not have to drive it to someones service department IMMEDIATELY. All services were up to date, because I always treated people with some personal integrity.

Maybe you should look up the definition of the word.

regards
gary
I never trust anyone selling a used vehicle unless I test drive or test ride it, easy enough to walk away if I don't get to do so, doesn't take much education to know that one.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:27 PM   #65
Registered Member

Lane splitting=Reckless driving in Virginia.

Now you decide to add the 25 MPH caveat, still Reckless in VA. Come on down and help us balance the budget with your payment of the $500 fine.

Obviously you wouldn't trust anyone selling you a vehicle, since no one should trust you to sell them one that doesn't need service immediately.

Did you actually finish high school with that little reading comprehension, or did you loose it sliding off the racetrack.

No wonder you need to repeat yourself.

done here, my apologies to the rest who have to wade through this.

gary
Old 11-03-2008, 05:20 PM   #66
Registered Member

Quote:
Lane splitting=Reckless driving in Virginia.

Now you decide to add the 25 MPH caveat, still Reckless in VA. Come on down and help us balance the budget with your payment of the $500 fine.

Obviously you wouldn't trust anyone selling you a vehicle, since no one should trust you to sell them one that doesn't need service immediately.

Did you actually finish high school with that little reading comprehension, or did you loose it sliding off the racetrack.

No wonder you need to repeat yourself.

done here, my apologies to the rest who have to wade through this.

gary
I only lane split when traffic is bumper to bumper, I've not given indication that I do otherwise at high speed, appearantly with all your education you can't seem to read clearly.

Plenty of times I lane split by LEOS stilling in standstill traffic at below 25 mph, LEOs never gave chase, and didn't seem like they could if they wanted to.

It seems to me common sense to not trust anyone who is trying to sell a used vehicle. You seem to be repeating yourself... is that a sign of you loosing your intelligence?

Done here? more like you can't argue to save yourself without displaying your lack of common sense, gary.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:10 PM   #67
Registered Member

LETS FIGHT

ROUND 1 DING DING

GasSavers_BIBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 05:46 PM   #68
Registered Member

Well, can't get the bike here anyways here in CA...

-SDF
smalldisplacementfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:12 PM   #69

Er, cat... In case you were unaware.

You can't lane split either.

Philadelphia PA. Not California. California is the only state in the nation to permit it.

So don't mention the "superiority" of your bike because it allows you to perform an illegal maneuver.

And trying to claim a thumper is inferior because it can't run at high revs is like trying to claim the same of a deisel. revs =/= better

Oh, Cat.... In case you were unaware.... This is an MPG forum.

And also, so you know... The bike the TU250 is replacing, the one lung GN250... Well, it was carbed and it easily got over 70mpg at 60mph. So an FE successor? Yeah... I kinda think it'll get maybe a little over 50mpg on the highway....
Wyldesoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:37 PM   #70
Registered Member

I like the design of the new TU. It looks like a better commuter than my Ninjette. I'd like to put a windscreen and hard luggage on one, maybe some DS tires as well. Might make a nice little dirt road explorer. Swap out the sprockets and I'm sure high mpg's are easy. Maybe add an oil cooler for stop-and-go urban traffic.

I have had a bit more than 79mpg once, 75mpg about a third of the time, then around 70mpg for the rest of the time. I ride in heavy metro traffic daily, so I'm probably a bit more aggressive as a result. I changed out the sprockets to 51/41s and noticed an immediate difference. I've cut a custom windscreen that lets me sit upright at any speed, makes a nice little sport-tourer.

zg250.blogspot.com
sprale is offline   Reply With Quote