Suzuki TU250 - Page 8 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 01-01-2009, 06:20 PM   #71
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biffmeistro View Post
Er, cat... In case you were unaware.

You can't lane split either.

Philadelphia PA. Not California. California is the only state in the nation to permit it.

So don't mention the "superiority" of your bike because it allows you to perform an illegal maneuver.

And trying to claim a thumper is inferior because it can't run at high revs is like trying to claim the same of a deisel. revs =/= better

Oh, Cat.... In case you were unaware.... This is an MPG forum.
Driving over the speed limit is also illegal, that doesn't stop most drivers doing so.

Single cylinder engine require more topend rebuild, that is what I know from years of riding and rebuilding motorcycles/dirt bikes. How many motorcycle engines have you had to rebuild?

Quote:
And also, so you know... The bike the TU250 is replacing, the one lung GN250... Well, it was carbed and it easily got over 70mpg at 60mph. So an FE successor? Yeah... I kinda think it'll get maybe a little over 50mpg on the highway....
Whatever the TU250 is replacing doesn't change my opinion that it is less cost effective than any of my current two-wheeled vechicles in my garage that cost (in some case more than $1500) less than a brand new TU250, and my 250cc carburated Chinese scooter regularly gets over 80 mpg, and cost $1699 shipped to my driveway, that cost effective to me.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:22 PM   #72

Some people like to buy new. Peace of mind for the non-mechanically inclined.

Wyldesoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:34 PM   #73
Registered Member

Quote:
Some people like to buy new. Peace of mind for the non-mechanically inclined.
I never claimed there is anything wrong with buying new, but it is not as cost efficient as buying used in my opinion.

Learning a skill of doing things yourself and make sure it's done right gives me the most peace in mind.

Single cylinder motorcycles are not overly complicated to work on, I doubt anything required maintenance on a TU250 is any less complicated than my Chinese scooter that cost less new and gets better mpg.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:21 PM   #74
Registered Member

Completely derailed?

I'm not sure that this hijacked thread could be put back on the tracks with any amount of effort...
zg250.blogspot.com
sprale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:04 AM   #75
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprale View Post
I'm not sure that this hijacked thread could be put back on the tracks with any amount of effort...
Your post seems to futher contribute to the cause of hijack, too..

I think the performance limits of Suzuki TU250, an air-cooled thumper, non-adjustable suspension, retro-looking motorcycle is too low for $3500.

For similar amount, better performing motorcycle could easily be found, even a carburated Ninja 250.

For similar performance, less expensive motorcycles could easily be found.

The idea that a FI vehicle has to run cleaner and more fuel efficient than a carbed vehicle seems over-rated and false to me.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:28 PM   #76
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat0020 View Post
Your post seems to futher contribute to the cause of hijack, too..

I think the performance limits of Suzuki TU250, an air-cooled thumper, non-adjustable suspension, retro-looking motorcycle is too low for $3500.

For similar amount, better performing motorcycle could easily be found, even a carburated Ninja 250.

The idea that a FI vehicle has to run cleaner and more fuel efficient than a carbed vehicle seems over-rated and false to me.
blah, blah, blah, sounds the same as before.
You evidentally believe your own drivel because you keep spewing it, but I'm fairly confident nobody else is buying it!

Did you lose your rock under all the snow?

Jim T.

Ignorance is lack of knowing; stupidity is false logic
Jim T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:53 PM   #77
Registered Member

Talking

Quote:
Your post seems to further contribute to the cause of hijack, too..

For similar amount, better performing motorcycle could easily be found, even a carburetted Ninja 250.

Not all who wander are lost.

I have over 20k miles on a carb'd Ninjette already. I love the bike, its a performer with an efficient streak. I modded the bike and get 70-75mpg easy, 80mpg high, still quick enough to irk the 600's on my favorite twisties.

It's more about what you enjoy, not about the short-sighted opinions of others. Ride confidently and others will notice.

The TU250 is a practical little bike for the rider who enjoys riding without testing the fates at every curve.

Comparing a used rocket to a new economy bike is just silly, really. Apples and oranges. Honestly. My old Honda Supercub got better gas mileage than your (insert crotch rocket brand here.) Also, few Chinese imports are really known for reliability, hence the price point. (SYM aside) Maybe someday...

Game on!

F'K 'em if they can't take a joke.
zg250.blogspot.com
Old 01-06-2009, 05:33 PM   #78
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprale View Post
Not all who wander are lost.
I have over 20k miles on a carb'd Ninjette already. I love the bike, its a performer with an efficient streak. I modded the bike and get 70-75mpg easy, 80mpg high, still quick enough to irk the 600's on my favorite twisties.
It's more about what you enjoy, not about the short-sighted opinions of others. Ride confidently and others will notice.
The TU250 is a practical little bike for the rider who enjoys riding without testing the fates at every curve.
Comparing a used rocket to a new economy bike is just silly, really. Apples and oranges. Honestly. My old Honda Supercub got better gas mileage than your (insert crotch rocket brand here.) Also, few Chinese imports are really known for reliability, hence the price point. (SYM aside) Maybe someday...
Game on!

F'K 'em if they can't take a joke.
Is it about what each of us enjoy such as personal preference? Comparing apple to oranges? I would refer back to my post in the first page of this thread in response to another:

Quote:
Comfortable? that's a rather personal preference that varies from person to person.. but my scooter does have more storage compartments and does not require clutching and shifting in bumper to bumper traffic where most of the 250cc and below scooters are designed for.

So the real question becomes: What is the main purpose that you use a 250cc EFI motorcycle that cost $3500?
City commute? suburban traffic? highway cruising (not likely)? just to be retro/chic?
Personally, I like to think that I'm a practical person, even though I have many vehicles, they each have some designated purpose. I enjoy riding and practicing my riding ability on every ride/machine, I would think most of us who ride a two-wheel motorized vehicle is riding because of the thrill we get to push the envelope once in a while, that could easily done without testing the fates at every curve.

But I don't see the practicality of a $3500 TU250, or how you might consider it as an economy moto, especially when compared to a twin cylinder, water-cooled Ninja 250.
With lack of engine pep to accelerate along traffic moving above 45 mph, suburban traffic flow with cars cruising at speed greater than 50 mph, TU250 is not likely to be a safe choice.

With lack of storage compartment for city commute, which is a very likely purpose for a 250cc thumper moto.

With the TU250 being an air-cooled only thumper, I see potential problem of overheating in bumper to bumper traffic during city commute. Not to mention the constant clutching.

BTW, SYM is not Chinese, they are Taiwanese manufacture, and so is Kymco.
I would love to get either one of them at Chinese scooter pricing.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:11 PM   #79
Registered Member

I didn't realize we were here to abuse the TU250...

Never a dull moment...

Maybe its time for an unbiased TU250 thread? Maybe even some TU250-specific discussions? What an idea!
zg250.blogspot.com
Old 01-06-2009, 06:16 PM   #80
Registered Member

All machines could be abused... the TU250 is biased in its design, retro-looks with modern pricing, doesn't seem like a good value for the money.