Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2010, 09:36 PM   #21
Registered Member

Re: what motorcycle best fits me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-DSi View Post
- VTR250: I think it's not sold in Belgium
Kind of bad news

But buying a second hand motorcycle is not a bad idea. Both of our bikes were used ones, Teresa is from France (odo rewinded to 21430, French papers left in the pack stating 37000+, apparently imported and sold by morons...), Ciliegia is from a local, older guy who hardly rode her since he broke up with his bike-loving girlfriend

Many of Hungarians do it because of financial concerns (and many other buy them on credit then sell them to be able to pay for it... many of them are just morons again...) - motorcycles usually don't hold their price well, there can be a huge gap between new and hardly used (but in my opinion they're ridiculously overpriced to begin with. In India where they're not toys but vehicles of daily use they're vastly cheaper... the same 125s can be 3 times more expensive in Hungary...)

alvaro84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:43 AM   #22
Registered Member

Ok so I think that this is what I conclude : I must choose between the yamaha YBR 250 and the Yamaha WR250.

So...As proposed I will try to find them second hand.it's ok for me. What is the maximum mileage I should accept?

Which one has the least maintenance, least parts cost? Can I find a better catalyst exhaust for the WR250?

Which one of theese two bikes is the most "playable"? quick accelerations in case of need in traffic for example, or slalom through car traffic?

I ave found a YBR250 for 2700 euros with 1200 kms only. the person sells it because of back problems. Do I risk having back problems with this bike? Should I buy it? ask for less?

Let me already express my gratitude for all your help.

samygero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:19 AM   #23
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samygero View Post
What is the maximum mileage I should accept?

Which one has the least maintenance, least parts cost? Can I find a better catalyst exhaust for the WR250?

I ave found a YBR250 for 2700 euros with 1200 kms only. the person sells it because of back problems. Do I risk having back problems with this bike? Should I buy it? ask for less?
To answer some questions:
- mileage doesn't matter at all, if the bike is well maintained and looked after you may accept very high mileage. A low mileage can be in worser condition than a high mileage bike.
- maintenance and partcost depend on a motorcycle from the way you drive her (chain, brakes, tyres...). Generally spoken: Japanese and German bikes are OK.
- Why should you want 'a better' catalyst exhaust on the WR250? What's wrong with it?
- 2700 euros...compare it with the price YOU can find a brand new one. Technical point of view you risk almost nothing.

i-DSi is offline   Reply With Quote