Why o why has no manufacturer done this YET.... - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > Motorcycles
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2010, 03:51 PM   #11
Registered Member

weird 3 wheeler

guess i'm not smart enough to figure out how to paste a picture in here... thought this 'new production' three wheeled car is interesting... not sure i'd buy a 3 wheeler though.

http://jalopnik.com/5291013/125-mpg-...for-production

magua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:02 PM   #12
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Here:

Old 03-12-2010, 07:52 AM   #13
Registered Member

It brings back memories of the Quasar, a semi shelled motorcyle from the 70's, talking about a cycle car or trike, what about the concept Suzuki GSXR4. You kind of need a Volkswagen Beetle, cheap light weight, but looking like it just stepped out of the future. 2 wheels foreward and 1 wheel behind is the most stable, reverse it and you take corners with one wheel in the air. The Sparrow was close to that cool cycle car trike concept, but high prices and a number of things kept it from really taking off.

The potential is there, Europes high cost of fuel brought the micro car revolution, I think as long as we keep scribbling on paper someone somewhere will make that perfect car. Then there's the safety thing, a car made from paper machet and balsa won't stand up against an SUV on a cell phone.
GasSavers_Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 04:17 PM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
...there's the safety thing, a car made from paper machet and balsa won't stand up against an SUV on a cell phone.
Neither will a motorcycle...but that doesn't stop people from riding...

Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.

GasSavers_JoeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 04:21 PM   #15
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Safety standards and buyer expectations differ for motorcycles vs. cars. I think those vehicles would be legally defined as motorcycles, but then people need a motorcycle license to drive one.