Any truth to HHO - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Alternative Fuels > HHO and Hydrogen
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 08-08-2008, 12:48 PM   #1
Registered Member

Smile Any truth to HHO

I know we cant build a hydrogen gen to produce enough for a car out of water at this point.I was wondering if the HHO produced at say 5LPM of it would actually oxidize the gasoline it was mixed with in the combustion chamber sort of like NOX does? since they clearly produce hho (the homebuilt reverse type batteries that you feed 15 amps into) I know they dont produce enough to run the car on, but surely this must help improve the mileage ,they seem so adamant about it.I wanted to ask in here since this is not an HHO forum so I figured you guys would be unbiased,any ideas>Marvin thanks so much in advance

mrjetskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:24 PM   #2
Registered Member

if it didn't work, they wouldn't sell it on ebay....just look how good the tornado is selling and the electric supercharger. (note: sarcasm)

truthfully though, anyone that has reported any gains that I consider reputable are seeing very neglegible gains which aren't worth your normal joes time or money. most are just heating water and burning electricity.

and maybe I am a little biased, also (just to let you know) there is an HHO section on this forum as well. you may get more positive feedback there.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:33 PM   #3
Site Team / Moderator

The Tornado is a piece of junk. I bought one for Rusty years ago... I now have an expensive, funky shaped piece of stainless steel sitting on the garage shelf. Maybe I shouuld cut it up and use it to make an HHO generator.

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:28 PM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
I'm a pretty big skeptic when it comes to this stuff. BUT I made one of these from a piece of sheet metal one day and can't say it was totally worthless.

Up top it was a light restriction, at anything under 80% throttle the 'vortex' created by it is worthless because of the throttle body, but at a wide throttle opening I seemed to have felt a difference in the low-end feel of the car.

Maybe I should strap my car to the dyno and see wtf... Been meaning to do it for HHO anyways.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:18 PM   #5
Site Team / Moderator

Well, it was being sold as a fuel saving device, and the only thing it did was take ~$75 out of my bank account.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 01:46 PM   #6
Registered Member

the reality is that most (if not all) of the cars on this site haven't seen WOT in quite some time. I don't think mine has seen more than half throttle so it is no more than a restriction in the line.

$75 for a restrictor plate, not a good deal

Old 08-09-2008, 03:52 PM   #7
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
My car sees WOT probably more than 50% of the non-highway time on my commute. It's getting me great mileage.

WOT at low RPM is great...
Old 08-09-2008, 06:30 PM   #8
Registered Member

yea but my WOT throws me into open loop.

not all of us have the lugury of the wide band O2 sensor.

am I jealous.........yes very

Old 08-09-2008, 07:50 PM   #9
Registered Member

WOT on a diesel doesn't take your vacuum away.
severach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 08:40 PM   #10
Registered Member

I use larger throttle openings to accelerate quite briskly. Seems to work wayyyy better than trying to granny it up to speed through the TC slush and wishful thinking. However, on the tornado front, while I can see circumstances where the theory works out, they don't in practice come up often. Any 2 bank motor feeding off a single intake... well it's fighting factory "swirl" on half of it, and you've got a 50% chance of being wrong on a single bank motor. And then when you're right, the factory swirl might have been done well enough in the first place that you're fighting for the last 10th of a percent in 10% of the driving range.

I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote