Anybody Tune A 95 4.0 Jeep On Hydro Yet?? Just Got My Efie Need Help!!! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Alternative Fuels > HHO and Hydrogen
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Click Here to Login

Old 09-18-2008, 12:10 PM   #1
Registered Member

Anybody Tune A 95 4.0 Jeep On Hydro Yet?? Just Got My Efie Need Help!!!

hEY GUYS I HAVE a 95 jeep cherokee 2 door xj 4.0 straight 6, 1 02 sensor and map to tuse with my dual efei.

HHo puts out around 2.0 or tad less, need to know parameters to start tunning, thanks guys!!!

OTHER FREE MPG THINGS TOO

95CHERJUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:53 PM   #2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95CHERJUST View Post
hEY GUYS I HAVE a 95 jeep cherokee 2 door xj 4.0 straight 6, 1 02 sensor and map to tuse with my dual efei.

HHo puts out around 2.0 or tad less, need to know parameters to start tunning, thanks guys!!!

i have yet to mess with an efie, but just wondering what kind of generator you are using and what is the amperage draw? 2.0 is admirable.

GasSavers_Lurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:19 AM   #3
Registered Member

It is a Stan Meyer replica, stinless steel tubes dont mess with plates waste of time!! smacks, and all other plate designs wont last, build it like the originator stan meyers. amps i have a pwm so i can run 0 to 60 if i wanted, i run it at 28 to 32amps, it is 316 ss tubes, all beefed up wiring, constant amp guage in car, and temp guage is mandatory for the cell too, it runs about 170, cooling system and another cell will be added soon so i can push 3 to 4 hopefully.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:15 AM   #4
Registered Member

I haven't messed with an EFIE and I don't know the condition of your car, but 2.0+ is a good amount. I would say start at .1v. With that amount you may be able to get as low and .3-.4 but I would definately drive it as is for a while and make sure it feels fine and doesn't ping (if it's pinging you need to reduce timing or trick IAT sensor instead due to speed of the explosion with HHO). I'd say every week or so adjust it a tiny bit like .05 or less. Remember most all EFIE designs have a big capacitor and it takes a few miles to take affect. Plus lots of computers learn curves and cruising based on how often it doesn't see knocks per mile, etc. So I'd adjust it really slow and if some week it runs worse or you get pinging then back it off.
itjstagame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:14 AM   #5
Registered Member

Well i just got the efie in over the weekend it really does help the thing run better, currently i haev it adjusted on the map sensor input of about 1.5 and the 02 sensor about 250 does that sound right.

Where on the volt meter should i have it to show the correct reading for the map and 02 while adjusting.

Its a great efie i mean if i turn it too far on either knob it just kills the car

Old 09-23-2008, 11:39 PM   #6
Registered Member

Jeep EFIE

Modified my 97 4.0 but the mileage did not increase. I believe the generator
(3 1" tubes) was not producing enough even at 20 amps plus could not feel any vacuum even when I tapped the air filter housing just before the throttle body. Have you measured your cell output on a bench?
ablefarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:36 AM   #7
Registered Member

how are you measuirng on the bench, not the 2 liter bottle are you