gas vapor transducer - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 02-07-2013, 04:45 AM   #1
Registered Member

gas vapor transducer

so i was utubing the other day and stumbled across this video about gas vapor ultrasonic transducer so then i went from one vid to the next and to the next and tried to search on how to build one but couldn't find anything so i did all this just before bed and well needless to say I hardly slept all night cause my mind was just running with the possibilities

so umm would anyone have plans on or blueprints on how to build one in detail I'm kinda not the brightest when it comes to directions

thanks

Google7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:20 AM   #2
Registered Member

I have an ultrasonic humidifier that was fairly cheap when I bought it 10 years ago. Although it runs on 110v AC, one of these units might be a good place to start- perhaps you could rob the "pulser" from it and run it off a 12 volt inverter.

GasSavers_Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:33 AM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
I guess if you have to throttle body injection you could have the gasoline spray on a transducer to vaporize it better, or a carbureted engine.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Google7 View Post
so i was utubing the other day and stumbled across this video about gas vapor ultrasonic transducer so then i went from one vid to the next and to the next and tried to search on how to build one but couldn't find anything so i did all this just before bed and well needless to say I hardly slept all night cause my mind was just running with the possibilities

so umm would anyone have plans on or blueprints on how to build one in detail I'm kinda not the brightest when it comes to directions

thanks
I'm new to this forum and I searched this topic out. I have been working on this for a month (when my wife lets me which is rare) I have built a unit for my 10,750 watt generator(step 1). I'm working out some design bugs and will do a real time study "gas vapor vs liquid gasoline" and let you know how it turns out. This idea went off like a bomb in my head. There are a lot of guys playing with this but it's all half axx BS. Nobody is giving it a real scientific challenge. In theory it should give you a 400% increase in economy so I guess I'm hoping for 50-100 %. If Smokey Yunick ever saw one of these transducers in action he'd have a perfected system for an automobile (my step 2)by now. Good luck guys
hungryhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #5
Site Team / Moderator

The biggest problem with these "vapor" type systems, is that not all components in gasoline will vaporize. Long term, you end up with this thick waste product that will not evaporate, and you can't just pour it down the drain either.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungryhunter View Post
I'm new to this forum and I searched this topic out. I have been working on this for a month (when my wife lets me which is rare) I have built a unit for my 10,750 watt generator(step 1). I'm working out some design bugs and will do a real time study "gas vapor vs liquid gasoline" and let you know how it turns out. This idea went off like a bomb in my head. There are a lot of guys playing with this but it's all half axx BS. Nobody is giving it a real scientific challenge. In theory it should give you a 400% increase in economy so I guess I'm hoping for 50-100 %. If Smokey Yunick ever saw one of these transducers in action he'd have a perfected system for an automobile (my step 2)by now. Good luck guys
ya i got a generator that i could experiment on but I would really like to buy an older car or truck that is carburated and experiment with that
Old 04-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue View Post
The biggest problem with these "vapor" type systems, is that not all components in gasoline will vaporize. Long term, you end up with this thick waste product that will not evaporate, and you can't just pour it down the drain either.
Actually it's the bubblers that leave the heavy components behind. The ultrasonic transducers vaporize EVERYTHING. Nothing left behind. I've run my generator on.......ready for this; gasoline (new and old), 20:1 two stroke mix, gasoline/diesel mix (1:1), diesel, gasoline/water, gasoline/diesel/water. I began this after being smashed by Sandy. It will be helpful in a SHTF scenary to run your generator on just about anything. When I scale up for my car I'll just stick with gas though. You don't need a carbureted car to do this. Just pull the fuse on the fuel pump or the injectors and feed the fumes through the air intake. The throttle body butterfly will modulate the delivered fuel. I'll design my system so i can turn the EFI on and off from inside the car and switch back and forth if need be. The varying load and rpm's will make it challenging but I know it will work.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungryhunter View Post
Actually it's the bubblers that leave the heavy components behind. The ultrasonic transducers vaporize EVERYTHING. Nothing left behind. I've run my generator on.......ready for this; gasoline (new and old), 20:1 two stroke mix, gasoline/diesel mix (1:1), diesel, gasoline/water, gasoline/diesel/water. I began this after being smashed by Sandy. It will be helpful in a SHTF scenary to run your generator on just about anything. When I scale up for my car I'll just stick with gas though. You don't need a carbureted car to do this. Just pull the fuse on the fuel pump or the injectors and feed the fumes through the air intake. The throttle body butterfly will modulate the delivered fuel. I'll design my system so i can turn the EFI on and off from inside the car and switch back and forth if need be. The varying load and rpm's will make it challenging but I know it will work.
Really you can run a 2 stroke with the transducer I was wondering about that but I had a blockage in my brain that the oil needed to lubricate and cool the engine on a 4 stroke the oil is always there so you don't have to worry about lubrication
Old 04-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #9
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Google7 View Post
Really you can run a 2 stroke with the transducer I was wondering about that but I had a blockage in my brain that the oil needed to lubricate and cool the engine on a 4 stroke the oil is always there so you don't have to worry about lubrication
I'm sorry if you misunderstood. I ran a 4 stroke engine with 2 stroke mix gas vapors. What I wanted to highlight was the fact that the transducer vaporized the oil along with the gasoline as opposed to the bubbler method which leaves behind all of the heavier and less volatile components.
On a side note; There are youtube videos of people running 2 stoke engines on these ultrasonically produced vapors.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:46 PM   #10
Registered Member

No, the transducer vaporizes gasoline

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanGeo View Post
I guess if you have to throttle body injection you could have the gasoline spray on a transducer to vaporize it better, or a carbureted engine.

bdempsey813 is offline   Reply With Quote