Hho and cleanliness - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 12-07-2010, 10:02 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hho and cleanliness

I have been absent from the forum for a while and it seems interest has dwindled in hydrogen boost.

Another unit is in progress for an 82 GMC S15 2.8 liter V6 pickup.

It looks like the debate on whether hydrogen boost is desirable is continuing. My reason for using it is in part for the cleaning ability. Removing a sparkplug and inserting a flex LED flashlight has shown me just how clean the combustion chamber is. In fact, I swap sparkplugs from a 2 cycle engine to the car (I found my car spakplugs fit the 2 cycle). In 20 minutes an encrusted plug looks like it just came out of the box. NOT an exaggeration.

I can tell the difference running the car or the pickup in my shop from the odor and burning eyes when the HHO generator is on or is not on. An incredible difference.

Seeing how clean the cylinder is would make me use HHO even if it didn't give me 15% better mileage on the 1976 460 ci Lincoln. Still testing the pickup, but less gas pedal pressure is less when I switch on the HHO. The old pickup is getting a new engine this week. Will keep you posted.

flapdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:59 PM   #2
Registered Member

Re: Hho and cleanliness

cool, can you give more details as to how much HHO, and any other mods related to this?

Dr. Jerryrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:27 AM   #3
Registered Member

In the Lincoln (now retired) 12 eight ounce jelly canning jars were used with one titanium plate, one SS plate. Extensive bench testing showed that best production occurred at about 130?F, so a thermostatically controlled box was built with 2 computer fans, and four 10 ohm resistors in series to preheat from cold start. Worked great, but the box takes up the passenger floor space in the little pickup.

A two cell unit (for some reason I get best results with two cells in series. Running one cell at 12 volts resulted in plate erosion) will be put under the hood of the truck without temperature control. The vacuum switch in series with the power will be retained. Hope is that under hood temp will be approximately the temperature I want. We will see.

*IF* anyone wishes to try titanium as a plate material, keep in mind that you can only have ONE plate titanium. It is a mystery to me why there is no current flow if both plates are Ti.
flapdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:38 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapdoodle View Post
A two cell unit (for some reason I get best results with two cells in series. Running one cell at 12 volts resulted in plate erosion) will be put under the hood of the truck without temperature control. The vacuum switch in series with the power will be retained. Hope is that under hood temp will be approximately the temperature I want. We will see.

*IF* anyone wishes to try titanium as a plate material, keep in mind that you can only have ONE plate titanium. It is a mystery to me why there is no current flow if both plates are Ti.
The ideal voltage for HHO is 1.23V across each plate gap, anything above this will make heat and reduce eff. That said, it's impossible make any HHO at that voltage. Most people who make high eff cells run each gap at 1.8 to 2.2 volts. With the two cells in series your running each at about 7V, which will be much more eff than the full 14.

I don't think that's true about the Ti plates. People have made dry cells out of just Ti that work fine. 316L SS has less resistance than Ti so it's better for eff, and is cheaper and easier to work with. Nickle is even better, but is rather expensive.
Dr. Jerryrigger is offline   Reply With Quote