HHo heat...... - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Alternative Fuels > HHO and Hydrogen
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2013, 08:59 PM   #1
Registered Member

HHo heat......

HI. I'm a 'newbie' (10min. ago) and have a question about my wet cell heating up.
I just completed construction and installation of a 'Smacks Booster' and took it on a test run for 16 miles round trip. When I got back home, I popped the hood to check the booster and it was well over 200 degrees.
Can someone tell me why it's so hot?? This can't be normal. When I mixed the catalyst with the distilled water, I put two teaspoons of catalyst to one gal. of distilled water. The cell holds just under a half gal. of water.

Thanx,

sgtmike

sgtmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:55 AM   #2
Site Team / Moderator

I've never experimented with HHO myself, but from my understanding of how it works, varying the amount of catalyst will control the temperature.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:47 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thnx, Jay. I'll try a new mix and see if that helps.
sgtmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:01 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtmike View Post
HI. I'm a 'newbie' (10min. ago) and have a question about my wet cell heating up.
I just completed construction and installation of a 'Smacks Booster' and took it on a test run for 16 miles round trip. When I got back home, I popped the hood to check the booster and it was well over 200 degrees.
Can someone tell me why it's so hot?? This can't be normal. When I mixed the catalyst with the distilled water, I put two teaspoons of catalyst to one gal. of distilled water. The cell holds just under a half gal. of water.

Thanx,

sgtmike
I hope you are talking degrees F.....

The purpose of the electrolyte is to improve the electrolysis of the system. This increases the conductivity of the water, thus drawing more current. More current always causes more heat.

Not sure what your current draw is, but my wet cell power supply used to draw 5 amps peak at 24vdc.....

I would suggest that there may be a little too much electrolyte in your mix.

Having said that, please take my advice under caution, as I do not use electrolyte addition to the water at all......
TheMadProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote