Italian scientists claim to have demonstrated cold fusion - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Alternative Fuels > HHO and Hydrogen
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2011, 12:11 PM   #11
Registered Member

eCat Has European Certification

http://ecatnews.com/?p=1082

Today a major university has duplicated Rossi's work.
Tomorrow eCat will unveil its 1 megawatt power unit.

flapdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:05 AM   #12
Registered Member

1 MW E-Cat Test Successful

http://pesn.com/2011/10/28/9501940_1...st_Successful/

There are several things that bother me about the article...

1. As I read it, self sustaining mode means no outside power is used to keep it at operating temperature.

2. It claims NO fuel consumed, then later says "utilizes tiny quantities of nickel powder and hydrogen gas as fuel"

3. The inventor says he has not measured the gamma radiation. But gamma radiation is proof that fusion is in fact taking place.

4. There is no steam turbine, so I take it that something similar to fuel cell operation is used to generate the claimed power. If this is to be believed, the method of power production should be made clear.

5. As in most inventions similar to this (including some HHO), there is some mysterious un-named catalyst. Yet, one university has duplicated his results. How?

6. 470Kw is WAY short of the anticipated output for a unit that has already been sold to a customer.

flapdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:50 AM   #13
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Re: Italian scientists claim to have demonstrated cold fusion

From the article:
Quote:
Power for start-up (resistive coils that provided heat to the reaction chambers) was provided by the large and loud genset (was making all the noise) you see that is nearly as large as the small shipping container in which the 1 MW E-Cat plant was arranged. Once the reaction chambers got up to temperature, they were maintained by the heat produced by the reaction. I'm not sure why they kept the generator running after that, but I would guess it was for back-up or safety. I'm sure the engineers testing the system made sure what the power levels were at all times.
When you're a nobody proposing something that the whole world finds patently unbelievable and purporting to demonstrate it for proof, it is in your best interest to avoid leaving belief of the very basis of your claim to trust.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:34 AM   #14
dnt
Registered Member

Can I get one to power my truck with? That has been a few years back should be fully developed by now?

dnt is offline   Reply With Quote