My water4gas expierience.. - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-16-2008, 02:16 PM   #11
Registered Member

Alright thanks for the tips, ill start a fuel log as soon as i can

baseballplaya92104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:17 PM   #12
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobc455 View Post
I guarantee that no regular member of this forum will blindly follow a spam link and purchase a product without substantiated results. Therefore please substantiate your results, or discontinue posting links.
He doesn't need anyone to buy anything to make his spam worthwhile. Simply clicking through to see what he's got gives him what he's looking for.

We got lots of spam today. Can you check and see if multiple new user accounts were started from the same IP address or have other info in common?

Old 10-16-2008, 02:20 PM   #13
Registered Member

theholycow.. you are really rude, get a life
Old 10-16-2008, 02:22 PM   #14
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballplaya92104 View Post
theholycow.. you are really rude, get a life
That'll get on his good side for sure!
Old 10-16-2008, 02:26 PM   #15
Registered Member

Why would i want to be on his good side, All hes being is a jerk..
Old 10-16-2008, 02:42 PM   #16
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
I don't worry when someone shows up and acts just like a spammer, then calls me a jerk. Most people who post what you posted never show up to respond to their threads again.

Every day, we get posts by new users with a link to a website, claiming exactly the same things you claim. Every one of them is certifiable bullcrap. So, we see you show up with yours, and think "it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, smells like a duck, and quacks like a duck; it's probably at least something vaguely avian."

Prove me wrong. Show us you're not like the ~20 other similar posts we've gotten in the last two days. Stay here, start a gaslog, post information here on the forum which is where we come to discuss these things with eachother (rather than just tell us to go away from our home to your blog full of repeated click-tracking spam links), do testing and experiments that will help people believe you (We WANT to believe! We want a proven way to save more fuel.)

If you just show up with a link and claims of miracles, we can't believe you any more than the dozen other similar posts we get daily (or the paid ads that we tolerate because at least they support the site). (I was going to provide more links to spam threads, but mercifully, they have been deleted).
Old 10-16-2008, 02:51 PM   #17
Registered Member

More on the "looks like a duck" theory: If you were actually planning to participate in this forum, it would be because you've been lurking, reading other posts either for a couple days or reading old posts. That's how discussion forums work; someone shows up looking for information, reads existing posts, and then decideds to join in. If you had done that, you would have seen how we react to posts like yours and then you either would have been offended or would have posted differently.

Like I said, prove me wrong. There's nothing I'd like better than to find another way to save fuel, and I'd happily eat virtual crow as payment.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:16 PM   #18
Registered Member

alright thanks, but how do you make a fuel log?
Old 10-16-2008, 03:37 PM   #19
Registered Member

At the top of the screen there are a bunch of tabs. One says "Garage". Click there and enter information about your car. Once you've done that, you can go there and click "add gaslog entry".

You can look at others' gaslogs by clicking on the MPG figures to the left of their messages or by navigating through the Garage section.

Don't be surprised when people (like me) are skeptical about your data, but even most skeptics here are happy to request and read corroborating data.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:39 PM   #20
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
My spam experience: I clicked on this thread.

Please show us something... Even a bad Photochop would suffice.

Zukibot is offline   Reply With Quote