Run you car with water - Page 6 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-06-2008, 11:29 AM   #51
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
I believe it was around the year 1990 Galileo was finally pardoned for his criminal charges from when he made the silly claim that the earth revolved around the sun.
I don't remember that in the news.LOL

Old 09-06-2008, 03:56 PM   #52
Registered Member

Water is not a fuel source. Fuels have energy in them to extract. Water is already burnt, it's burnt hydrogen. To 'prep' it, or unburn it and make it into a fuel again, you have to put in energy to split it. The amount of energy you put in will ***always*** be greater than what you get out by burning it again, even if only by a very small amount. It isn't a theory, it's a scientific law that's been proven time and time again through careful observation and experimentation.

Dalez0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:14 PM   #53
Registered Member

not really sure how water is burnt, i think my sister has done it once or twice in an attempt to make dinner.

But if you wouldnt mind explaining i would gladly listen.
GasSavers_Lurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:25 PM   #54
Registered Member

Water is already burnt, water is burnt hydrogen. You burn things by causing oxygen to attach, and water is H2O (Two hydrogenatoms attached to an oxygen atom). When you burn the hydrogen, the end result is simply water, oxidized hydrogen.

You can't run a car on water any more than you can run a car on ashes or smoke. The 'fuel' is already burnt, and it requires a great deal of energy to convert that water back into a usable fuel. Energy that had to come from somewhere, usually by burning fossil fuels.

We only do hydrogen injection on our cars to boost the engine's ability to convert gasoline into work. Requires only a small amount of hydrogen, nowhere near enough to fuel the engine by itself, but it doesn't take too much energy to make the small amount so the gain is worthwhile when tuned properly.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:30 PM   #55
Registered Member

Okay, i have stumped several professors of some pretty good schools.
They dont understand how water is burnt. Infact they arent sure how water is created...... they know many ways in how it is created but not in as abundance as what we have on earth. and in all the ways they had listed i never once heard burnt.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:31 PM   #56
Registered Member

alright, that was a good answer :P
Old 09-06-2008, 04:35 PM   #57
Registered Member

So i will now rephrase my poorly worded post from earlier.
Hydrogen is a good fuel source and when in an oxygen rich environment has a much more volatile reaction to fire. both of the gases can be found in water, it just takes a little work to separate them.......
Old 09-06-2008, 04:51 PM   #58
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalez0r View Post
Water is already burnt, water is burnt hydrogen. You burn things by causing oxygen to attach, and water is H2O (Two hydrogenatoms attached to an oxygen atom). When you burn the hydrogen, the end result is simply water, oxidized hydrogen.

You can't run a car on water any more than you can run a car on ashes or smoke.
Now that's a good way to say it. Mind if I take that and run with it?

You can't run a car on water any more than you can fuel a wood stove with ashes.

Less, in fact, because ashes usually have tiny amounts of unburned wood still in them...
Old 09-06-2008, 05:24 PM   #59
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
it just takes a little work to separate them.......
That's the problem, it takes alot of work to separate them, more work than you get back by burning it. It's an inefficient way to use energy. You'd be better off using that electricity to charge a battery and drive electric than to split water, compress the hydrogen, store it in a tank, pump it into a car, then burn it.

And please, please don't say you can use the alternator in the car to split enough water to run the engine... please. =\
Old 09-06-2008, 05:48 PM   #60
Registered Member

but what if you happened to have hydrogen inside the ashes??
that would be remarkably similar to coal... actually, if i'm not mistaking that would be coal.