Run you car with water - Page 7 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Alternative Fuels > HHO and Hydrogen
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2008, 06:09 PM   #61
Registered Member

Nope. Coal is mostly carbon.

Ashes are mostly random minerals that was in the tree/coal, and some carbon compounds. If you burned it well, shouldn't be much carbon left.

Dalez0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:29 AM   #62
Registered Member

Then i guess its a good thing i'm not working with ashes :P

GasSavers_Lurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:02 AM   #63
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
Then i guess its a good thing i'm not working with ashes :P
Ah, but you are. Ashes (and smoke) are what you get from burning wood; water (in the form of steam) (and other gases) is what you get from burning other fuels. They are both the output of combustion, not the input.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:43 AM   #64
Registered Member

Yep, water is just hydrogen ashes.

You get water (and other crap) from burning gasoline and other hydrocarbons because the hydrogen in them splits off at high temps and reacts (burns) with the oxygen present.
Dalez0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:04 AM   #65
Registered Member

Why are you guys on this thread?
I can tell that you already know all the secrets to the universe, shouldnt you be curing aids and cancer?
why dont you spend your time solving the world hunger issues? because you are obviously smarter then everyone else in the world.
infact i'm not sure how the human race manages to wipe their own butts without you there to let them know when they are doing it wrong.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:09 AM   #66
Registered Member

and WTF?? comparing steam to smoke?
so steam is a form of water.... is smoke a form of wood?
you can say anything you want but i am very thankful that you arent right.

and for dalez... so your telling me that to burn something you have to separate the hydrogen and burn it with oxygen present by applying added energy like heat?
Old 09-07-2008, 10:01 AM   #67
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Quote:
and WTF?? comparing steam to smoke?
so steam is a form of water.... is smoke a form of wood?
Yes. Smoke (along with ashes) is the burned form of wood.

Quote:
you can say anything you want but i am very thankful that you arent right.
So then what is smoke? Was it piped in by the special effects team?

Quote:
and for dalez... so your telling me that to burn something you have to separate the hydrogen and burn it with oxygen present by applying added energy like heat?
Close. To burn something, you have a chemical reaction between (usually) oxygen and something else. Heat is not added, it's the result of the combustion.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/...367/combustion
Quote:
Combustion (chemical reaction)
rapid chemical reaction between substances that is usually accompanied by generation of heat and light in the form of flame. In most cases, oxygen comprises one of the reactants.
Oxygen + other reactive material in, heat and various material (maybe water [in the form of steam], ashes, or other) out. Combustion of hydrogen is the opposite of electrolysis: Electrolysis splits stable H2O into oxygen and hydrogen by adding energy, while combustion combines reactive oxygen and reactive hydrogen to make water and releases energy.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm in this thread to learn what I can, and teach others what I already know. Just because you can't "run your car on water" doesn't mean that electrolysis and on-board hydrogen/HHO/Brown's Gas generation are useless. It may be useful to enhance combustion, catalyze fuel, to store energy for later use, or for other purposes. It's awful hard to discuss it seriously with folks who understand basic chemistry amidst all the noise generated by miracle workers who claim to break the laws of thermodynamics.

Once it can be discussed rationally and seriously among people who are willing to look at it realistically, something might be learned.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:06 AM   #68
Registered Member

[EXCESSIVE QUOTING REMOVED]

and when did i say you could run only on water??? your just looking to argue, and in your argument i turned you right back around to agree with me
Old 09-07-2008, 10:20 AM   #69
Registered Member

As i mentioned in my other thread, I am not selling and i dont care for people that get on here to sell. I dont believe the people that are here selling. I also think they are full of it when they claim to run completely on water. I am here to answer questions and help people to reach the point that i am at on the hho research. But someone that wants to play intelligent and try to put down others simply because they dont understand it.
i dont know how far HHO can go, but at least i am willing to find out and not act like an idiot towards others doing something different.
so when someone decides to discuss this with me in a rational manner i will actually talk to them. but until then i'm through arguing with the flatterists.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:21 AM   #70
Registered Member

Quote:
and when did i say you could run only on water??? your just looking to argue, and in your argument i turned you right back around to agree with me
In the subject line?

I haven't been making a major point of following this thread as a whole, just responding to individual messages. I don't know how we got here, but the point is...water is the result of combustion after heat is released, and splitting water requires all that energy (and more) to be put in.