Welcome to the HHO Forum - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-18-2008, 04:46 PM   #11
Registered Member

Well, I'd like to steer this thread away from water injection of fighter planes and back to HHO. According to the education branch of the National Hydrogen Association, (H2&You), HHO or hydrogen fuel injection as they call it is proven technology.

http://www.h2andyou.org/caseStudies/injection.asp

Here's a quote from their website, "From 2003-2008, trucking and shipping companies logged over 50 million miles of real use and testing and hundreds of systems have been sold - including some to FedEx."

Old 07-25-2008, 07:01 PM   #12
Registered Member

hi guys....have been reading what is being said about HHO..and guys it is not new technology, been around for years...back in New Zealand where I come from, we had been using alternative technologies for years, as a country we did not have enough of our own oil reserves so were caught by the short and curlies and had to import all of our oil stock to refine into diesel and petroleum products. As far back as the 30's and 40's other sources of energy were being investigated. As a kid I recall coal gas being made and used in domestic and industrial burners. CNG...compressed natural gas we mde out of the numerous gas deposits we found offshore, that was in the 70's and 80's with the last of those reserves finally running out in the early 90's. My work in the engineering trades saw me mix and mingle with a whole heap of inventive types who looked at everything..and in the 90's I knew people who were making HHO..it was seen as a possibility then but never took off. However the principle came from the industrial based Hydrogen cutting torch principle using 230 volts and eventually was modified to run on 12 volts, I recall many guys trying to get engines to run on it solely, and they were never able to produce enough clean HH without the O to make it worthwhile. However in the last 6 years the combination of HHO into a standard petrol or diesel powered engine has changed the whole ballgame. The 'supplementory' effect of adding HHO to an ICE - (all these acronyms make you think)....lol...has the effect of encouraging the petrol bsed fuels to burn faster and harder and hence produce more bang for your buck..and that is what is so rewarding, not to mention a better burn producing less emmissions and hence cleaner burner vehicles. No guys and gals, the day of the HHO assisted vehicle is here to stay. Trust me is does work. I am presently making and installin a system into my own car..the entire system needs a HHO generator, using 316L stainless anodes and cathodes, an EFIE..to control the oxygen sensor set into the exhaust of todays cars that controls the injection system, without this EFIE control - todays engines will contiue to increase the fuel ration in an attempt to make the engine supposedly run clean again, infact we are leaning out the mix and the oxygen content of the exhaust will be leaner as a result, because of a more cleaner efficient burn. Also to control the current drawn by the generator...12 volts is sufficient, the current is controlled by PWM...pulse wave modulation, the same way you control the speed of DC motors. If you connect the electrolysis generator direct to the car battery, it will work, but as the unit stay on, it heats up and the resistance of the electrolytic solution is reduced and so the current drawn goes up...we want to control the current and maintain a steady production of HHO and not have a heavy current draw on your cars electrics. Asides from the HHO electrolytic generator, the EFIE and the PWM, all you need is water, some sodium hydroxide or similar for the electrolyte, some wire to connect the whole lot togeather and some time to enjoy the pleasure of getting 20 to 50 percent reduction in your fuel consumption. And this is NO joke.

ciao for now...

daveinsingapore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 04:40 AM   #13
Registered Member

Did you put a good bubbler on it?
Old 08-09-2008, 04:42 AM   #14
Site Team / Moderator

So why not start a gaslog on the site and show us it works?

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 01:04 PM   #15
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
9 times? Do you have any idea how much data there would have to be proving that for even 3 people here to believe that enough to spend money on it?
Old 08-22-2008, 05:34 PM   #16
Site Team / Moderator

9x and 180 MPG. That is a little hard to believe. If it can be proven that it works, and without costing a fortune I may be interested, but I am a tough sell. I already got bitten buying snake oil before. Years ago I spent ~$70 on a Tornado for Rusty. Hard to believe but I think my mileage actually went down with it installed. Darn thing is sitting on a shelf in my parent's garage. I'd throw the damn thing away, but I spent $70 for it. It currently serves as a reminder to be cautious on what you actually spend money on.

-Jay

Old 08-23-2008, 07:20 PM   #17
Site Team / Moderator

But the problem lies here. You are right, the computer either needs to be hacked, or tricked. If you install a whole bunch of stuff to trick the computer so it will "allow" stuff like HHO to work, that in itself gains mileage. I would like to see dyno data for a vehicle with a tricked computer running HHO, then turn off the HHO and just let the car run on the tricked computer. My guess is that the 2 dyno runs would be very close in mileage. Anyone can lean an engine out and get better mileage, but the trick is to do it without doing long term damage to your engine. The money saved on gas probably pales in comparison to the cost of an engine rebuild or replacement vehicle. Trust me on that one. My sister's old Dodge Aries was running lean (got great mileage though!) and it blew a hole in one of the pistons one day. The car only had 98,000 miles on it. Dad had delusions that he could get that car running again. Darn thing sat in his driveway for 10 years before he finally gave up. Replacing a piston is niether cheap or easy.

-Jay

Old 08-24-2008, 08:26 PM   #18
Registered Member

How does your kit produce monatomic hydrogen and monatomic oxygen? How does it keep the monatomic hydrogen and oxygen stable? Can you describe what it does so that a person who only had two semesters of chemistry in high school 35 years ago might understand it? And explain just how it will make a car go 50% farther on a given quantity of fuel? In your own words with no hype?

I don't mean to be difficult, I'm just trying to understand how your system is supposed to work. Your descriptions haven't given me much to go on, neither has your website.

Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.

GasSavers_JoeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:27 PM   #19
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue View Post
But the problem lies here. You are right, the computer either needs to be hacked, or tricked. If you install a whole bunch of stuff to trick the computer so it will "allow" stuff like HHO to work, that in itself gains mileage. I would like to see dyno data for a vehicle with a tricked computer running HHO, then turn off the HHO and just let the car run on the tricked computer. My guess is that the 2 dyno runs would be very close in mileage. Anyone can lean an engine out and get better mileage, but the trick is to do it without doing long term damage to your engine. The money saved on gas probably pales in comparison to the cost of an engine rebuild or replacement vehicle. Trust me on that one. My sister's old Dodge Aries was running lean (got great mileage though!) and it blew a hole in one of the pistons one day. The car only had 98,000 miles on it. Dad had delusions that he could get that car running again. Darn thing sat in his driveway for 10 years before he finally gave up. Replacing a piston is niether cheap or easy.

-Jay
pistons are not cheap, but the easy part depends on who you are and what engine your working on
GasSavers_Lurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:42 PM   #20
Registered Member

hey Bob

Hey bob,
I keep frying starter solenoids (they are getting too hot) dose a PWM stop the wires from getting so hot?
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobc455 View Post
HHO has been touted by many as beneficial. Others are skeptical.

However evidence seems to be lacking.

Therefore, this forum has been created for discussion of HHO.

Supporters of HHO are encouraged to start gas logs, and read the "experiments" section for guidelines how to make a convincing post.

Those who don't care about HHO can ignore this forum.

As always, spamming etc. is not allowed.

-Bob C.

nnnope is offline   Reply With Quote