where to find a drycell - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-22-2010, 07:45 AM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehallbackhoe View Post
I am curious how they decide how much hho to use. I have also read .5 to 1 per liter. , but I have also read .25 to .5 L. does that take into account how much horsepower. for example, to determine carb. cfm, you take the engine size, and the rpms , and my engine is a low rpm, low horsepower engine. is there a problem with running too much hho? . My truck has a very large , heavy duty alternator, so it could probaly handle more hho without stressing the electrical system. My engine is gasoline, by the way
Oh, I just assumed it was diesel. I guess it would make sense that you would need less HHO per L if you are running at low RPM.
It's hard to tell what is best. People who have tested HHO have all done so under different driving conditions, with different styles of driving.
As far as too much HHO, I don't think you could have too much, but there is a point where is starts to make your FE lower. An HHO system takes more energy to run that it makes, so you're loosing engey. The savings come from better combustion of the petroleum fuel. No one has figured out the ideal ratio, just things that seem to work. I think the best way to set up a cell is to have a PWM controller that automatically adjusts for engine speed, and or throttle position, and or vacum pressure. This way the HHO is more proportional to the fuel used.

Dr. Jerryrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:24 PM   #12
Registered Member

as far as losing energy, I am considering adding an auxillary battery, and charging it at night with a battery charger. much more efficient than using the truck's charging system,and the extra weight won't effect the truck. this would also require less hho, since it wouldn't rob any energy from the truck.

mikehallbackhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:51 PM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
as far as losing energy, I am considering adding an auxillary battery, and charging it at night with a battery charger. much more efficient than using the truck's charging system,and the extra weight won't effect the truck. this would also require less hho, since it wouldn't rob any energy from the truck.
That is a good idea, but an HHO system quite voltage sensitive, so a bat that is draining, and there by changing voltage may not work as well. If I would suggest going with a lot of bats, set up so you can plug them in to a charger with out removing them, or connecting them to your charging system, but also charging them at night.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:25 PM   #14
Registered Member

I rarely run the truck more than a few hours a day, mostly to haul my backhoe to a job, and then to bring it back. do you think a couple of marine batteries would do the trick?
mikehallbackhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:47 AM   #15
Registered Member

Quote:
I rarely run the truck more than a few hours a day, mostly to haul my backhoe to a job, and then to bring it back. do you think a couple of marine batteries would do the trick?
yeah, that should work. If you get a cell that is made for the lower end of the voltage you'll be working with, everything should be fine.