I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
"A code P0171 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
* The MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor is dirty or faulty. Note: The use of "oiled" air filters may cause the MAF to become dirty if the filter is over-oiled. There is also an issue with some vehicles where the MAF sensors leak the silicone potting material used to protect the circuitry.
* There could be a vacuum leak downstream of the MAF sensor." http://www.obd-codes.com/p0171
I guess the power brake booster- no wait- you said they checked the pvc valve, but i guess they missed it the first time through so I change my guess to the pcv valve vacuum hose..
DAMN you had it Erik... should've stayed with your first guess and you would've won the prize!!!!
So, the cause was a vacuum leak .... in the hydro-booster (power brake booster) of all things. After spraying the entire engine to try and find the leak, they finally heard it near the brake booster.
So, in this whole process my car got:
- A new ScanGauge unit (and solid proof they are a great company)
- 4 brand new fuel injectors
- New O2 sensors
- New PCM
- A free cleaning of my mass air flow sensor
- And a clean engine since it was fully sprayed with carb cleaner.... lol
__________________ 2007 Vibe (base-5 speed man) MODS = Added CC, 15% Tint, New wheels, Nav/DVD, Polk speakers, Infinity sub/amp, Console Outlet, MODS = ScanGauge II, Perm. alum. grill block, belly pan, Removed antenna, Tire pres. 44 psi Future MODS = Removable lower grill block, Clear fog covers, 195 deg. therm, Rear spoiler, Full belly pan