Dealer says ScanGauge ruined my PCM and I can't use ScanGauge anymore - Page 5 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > Hypermiling
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2008, 03:52 AM   #41
Registered Member

They make smoke machines to find vacuum leaks. never used one but it would seem to be the best way to locate ALL of the vacuum leaks, especially on older vehicles.

A friend had the dealer take back his 06 Honda CRV after numerous attempts to correct a check engine light indicated problem. After $6000 in warrantee repairs, they found it had a defective gas tank. He got another CRV.

Virginia lemon law, you don't fix it in 3 trips you get it back, and refund the customer his money.

regards
gary

Old 08-29-2008, 04:35 AM   #42
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by severach View Post
So to find that all you would need to do is pinch the brake booster vacuum hose?
Yep, that's all they would have had to do to find it.

Future MODS = Removable lower grill block, Clear fog covers, 195 deg. therm, Rear spoiler, Full belly pan
Markmysite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:38 AM   #43
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.D.E. View Post
They make smoke machines to find vacuum leaks. never used one but it would seem to be the best way to locate ALL of the vacuum leaks, especially on older vehicles.

A friend had the dealer take back his 06 Honda CRV after numerous attempts to correct a check engine light indicated problem. After $6000 in warrantee repairs, they found it had a defective gas tank. He got another CRV.

Virginia lemon law, you don't fix it in 3 trips you get it back, and refund the customer his money.

regards
gary
I know it's weird, they said the first thing they did was the smoke test and didn't see anything so they ruled out a vacuum leak. Maybe the tech was smoking a little something at the time and it blended in with the smoke coming out of the hydro-booster ... heh

Lemon law here isn't a specific # of times, but is worded vague. An attorney told me I could certainly go that route though. I didn't want my money back though since it was a used car, from a non-GM private lot out of state, and I got such a great deal on the car I couldn't replace it for $11,800. Now if GM would've given me a brand new Vibe, then I would've gone for it. But they fixed it, so I keep my baby now.
Future MODS = Removable lower grill block, Clear fog covers, 195 deg. therm, Rear spoiler, Full belly pan
Markmysite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 05:14 AM   #44
Registered Member

don't forget to let ron know about it.

feed back is very important especially to a growing business

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote