Dealer says ScanGauge ruined my PCM and I can't use ScanGauge anymore - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > Hypermiling
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2008, 01:32 PM   #21
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Loserkidwac
wow I am impressed

03 Mazdaspeed Protege
91 Honda CRX Si
95 Honda Civic VX *RIP 5/20/08
94 Honda Del Slow D15z1 Swapped
Loserkidwac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:44 PM   #22
Registered Member

What incredible customer service from ScanGauge.

Wow!

Zukibot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 03:17 PM   #23
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Yeah maybe I should ask them why mine keeps turning on and crashing when I use my remote door locks.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 08:20 PM   #24
Registered Member

That's pretty impressive that the SG people ironed everything out for you. If for some reason the dealer tries to charge you for the replacement ECM, insist that they give you the old part. If the replacement ECM throws the same code, return it as defective and reinstall the original.
GasSavers_bobski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 02:33 AM   #25
Registered Member

That is really cool how the owner himself is going through all of the processes with you instead of a "representative" that doesnt give a crap. You know he will push this to the end to show thats it not your guage and that it is the dumb dealerships. Those dealerships are a huge problem for GM alot of them like to cut corners and pass blame... they want to make as much money while doing the least work. I work in the plant that builds the Northstar and if you have a problem and call us we will typically bring your engine in and take a look at it.... if you call us and not the dealership. GM as a company cant actually control what a dealership does so its pretty ****ty. But it is good to see that everything looks like it will work out for you. Congrats and tell Ron we all love his product!!
Old 08-22-2008, 02:54 AM   #26
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzedriver View Post
I honestly think they are just grasping at straws. what it comes down to is you prob had a fualty part and they didnt want to admit to it so that means they try to find something that you have done so that they can pass the blame. It is very common for dealers to do that which really sucks. The scanguage is purely a diagnostic tool and does not actually send anything to your vehicle so i dont see how that could have messed it up
+1

"If you want to save gas I suggest you permanently remove the drivers seat and steering wheel. That seems to help." -Oscar Halverson

oneinchsidehop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:55 AM   #27
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
This random occurance is a big win for Ron and his company. He did what any businessman would do to protect his own interests; he HAD to do it. In this case, it also was a major help for the consumer, and great for publicity.

If he hadn't done it, then the SG can get a false reputation as something that breaks cars, and that would be bad for sales.

Bravo OP, bravo Ron, and I feel bad for the dealer and mechanic. The issue is that it's a hard-to-troubleshoot malfunction, and it's pretty hard to avoid blaming the odd electronic gizmo plugged into the car, even if you know there's no reason it could cause the problem. Still, for the sake of good customer service and to avoid legal problems from the occasionals squeaky wheel (from Ron, or from the OP invoking the Magnuson-Moss act), they should cover it...and they are, at least for the legal reasons if not the customer service.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:32 PM   #28
Registered Member

This is why you never trust what the dealer-mechs say. Always, Always get a second look from your local and trusted mech. And reflashin the PCM issue? Please, it's the some computer that reflashes them for any car, Gm, Ford, or Lotus. I've seen my mech. do it with same computer on several different cars. they just want to charge more $$$$. Bravo to Ron for backing up your product.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:45 PM   #29
Registered Member

Update: Well, I called the dealer today and big surprise it's not fixed yet. I guess it wasn't the PCM afterall ... ahhh yeah I told them that already. I also emailed them a bunch of tips/posts that people on this and other forums put up (a couple from GM service techs with ideas). I realize that this lean code is a bear to diagnose and I hate to tell them how to do their jobs, but at this point someone has to right?

Hopefully, I will get my car back sometime this month ... sigh. If not, I guess I start down the fun lemon law road.
Future MODS = Removable lower grill block, Clear fog covers, 195 deg. therm, Rear spoiler, Full belly pan
Markmysite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:42 PM   #30
Registered Member

yeah its a toy drivetrain so i would def call toyota and pay to have them diag it. then force gm to reimburse you. i had the same prob with my 05 ion. 4 bcms later and it still would occasionally leave me stranded >< I pretty much told them that i was not going to pay for 2 months of lease payments since the car wasnt fvcking working. grr. not all stealerships are like this, only some.

95slowone is offline   Reply With Quote