Do you have/ use cruise control - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > Hypermiling
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2006, 11:42 AM   #1
Registered Member

Do you have/ use cruise control

My car has cruise control but i rarely use it. There are roller hills on the freeway when i live (~100ft) and the cruise dosen't seem to work well in this enviroment.

I would use it if I had miles of flat/ semi-flat highway.

Distance traveled by bicycle in 2007= 1,830ish miles
Average commute speed=25mph (yes, that's in a car)
kickflipjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 12:07 PM   #2
Driving on E

I will be joining the world

I will be joining the world of Cruise Control sometime soon. My car did not come with it installed, but I'm planning on putting it in in a little while here.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 12:20 PM   #3
Registered Member

Mine did not come with it,

Mine did not come with it, but I am trying to install what is more appropriately called a throttle control. All I want is something to hold throttle position, not maintain speed. I bought a cruise control servo motor on ebay but have not figured out to connect to the throttle. Once that is done I just need to apply current to the servo clutch solenoid and it will lock the throttle position in place. The wiring will also have to include the clutch and brake switches so that the throttle will be released when braking or pressing the clutch pedal.

Something I will get around to some day I guess. No hurry right now.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 12:28 PM   #4
Driving on E

Re: Mine did not come with it,

Quote:
Originally Posted by krousdb
Mine did not come with it, but I am trying to install what is more appropriately called a throttle control. All I want is something to hold throttle position, not maintain speed. I bought a cruise control servo motor on ebay but have not figured out to connect to the throttle. Once that is done I just need to apply current to the servo clutch solenoid and it will lock the throttle position in place. The wiring will also have to include the clutch and brake switches so that the throttle will be released when braking or pressing the clutch pedal.

On my car the cruise control actuator attaches to the gas pedal. Newer cars attach directly to the throttle cable, which seems to make much more sense to me.

Just food for thought.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:43 PM   #5
*shrug*

Quote:Mine did not come with

Quote:

You could get the wheel on the tb from an auto, swap it, and hook up a cable to the kickdown cable connection and hook that up to a switch. Switch it on and clamp the throttle wheel in position.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 12:52 PM   #6
Driving on E

Re: Quote:Mine did not come with

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
You could get the wheel on the tb from an auto, swap it, and hook up a cable to the kickdown cable connection and hook that up to a switch. Switch it on and clamp the throttle wheel in position.
you know what? THat's a great idea. It would be much better than swapping peddle assemblies and drilling a hole in my firewall. Maybe I'll go get a EX throttle wheel right now.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:55 PM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:All I want is

Quote:
All I want is something to hold throttle position, not maintain speed.
Yeah that seems like it would work. That way the car dosent have to struggle to mantain 65 on an up grade.

Distance traveled by bicycle in 2007= 1,830ish miles
Average commute speed=25mph (yes, that's in a car)
kickflipjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 02:12 PM   #8
*shrug*

Quote:you know what? THat's

Quote:
you know what? THat's a great idea. It would be much better than swapping peddle assemblies and drilling a hole in my firewall. Maybe I'll go get a EX throttle wheel right now.
I have the wheel off the dx tb, I will test fit it on the z6 and if iut works send it out.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:45 PM   #9
Driving on E

Re: Quote:you know what? THat's

I just took a look at the EX TB wheel and I didn't get it. It spins the opposite direction and can't be used for cruise control.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:55 PM   #10
*shrug*

Lemme look at mine and see.

Lemme look at mine and see.