Eoc - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > Hypermiling
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2008, 03:21 PM   #21
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidSnake View Post
How do you find out about that? I looked in my manual and it says that I can tow my car with the front wheels so does that mean I'm safe to EOC?
Your Saturn is front-wheel drive, I'm sure. To clarify, it says you can tow it with all four wheels down, as behind an RV? I'm sure you merely forgot the word "down", but you say "tow my car with the front wheels", which could also mean that the tow truck could lift it by the front wheels.

Anyway, yes, it's good for EOC. AFAIK, Saturn automatic transmissions are more similar to servo-operated manual transmissions than common automatics, due to Saturn's history as a transmission company or something.

Here's the folks who would know:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=re...vel+saturn+sl2

Old 07-03-2008, 09:27 PM   #22
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
Your Saturn is front-wheel drive, I'm sure. To clarify, it says you can tow it with all four wheels down, as behind an RV? I'm sure you merely forgot the word "down", but you say "tow my car with the front wheels", which could also mean that the tow truck could lift it by the front wheels.

Anyway, yes, it's good for EOC. AFAIK, Saturn automatic transmissions are more similar to servo-operated manual transmissions than common automatics, due to Saturn's history as a transmission company or something.

Here's the folks who would know:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=re...vel+saturn+sl2
Nice, I had the impression that I could, but you clarified the results... Too durnk to be here I can tell..

SolidLiquidSnake is offline   Reply With Quote