Garmin EcoRoute HD - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > Hypermiling
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #1
Registered Member

Garmin EcoRoute HD

Hello,

I recently purchased something very interesting, it's called the EcoRoute HD, works something like the ScanGauge, uses OBD-II, but connects to a Garmin GPS, displays some pretty decent engine stats, instant and average fuel economy, fuel used, fuel cost used, carbon footprint, etc. However, there is one thing I was wondering about. At the screen where you set up the EcoRoute HD accessory, it asks if it is being used with a hybrid vehicle or not, I cant figure out what I should answer to this, as my vehicle is not hybrid, however, I shut my engine off every time I get the chance. One thing I have noticed is if I tell it I am hybrid, it shows "infinity" MPG when the engine is off, where as if hybrid is not selected, it shows a constantly increasing number for current MPG when the engine is off, but while stopped with the engine off, and hybrid not selected, it somehow "estimates" that fuel is still in use, slowly increasing the "fuel used" and "cost used" and "carbon footprint" numbers, as well as decreasing the "average MPG" number.

I've been doing lots of testing on this, but I still cant help but wonder if there is any reason I should not select hybrid, being that the major difference in hybrid and full gasoline cars is that hybrid cars are able to function without the gasoline engine running constantly.

If anybody has any suggestions based on this, it would be very helpful. I will also continue testing both modes and comparing them to my real numbers at the pump.

Thanks,
T.G.

txe5502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:24 PM   #2
Site Team / Moderator

Its common in the Scangauge community, that people who EOC set their scangauges on Hybrid, I'd say it would probably be best if you do it with this OBD device as well

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote