How do I keep the scangauge on while coasting with engine off??? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > Hypermiling
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2006, 03:32 AM   #11
Registered Member

This behavior is what mine did out of the box. Switching to hybrid mode solved the problem immediately. I kill the engine by keying off and then rebooting the ECU by switching back to "run." It never shuts down and continues logging data as if nothing happened. If this does not work for you while using the kill switch, try using the key method instead. (And remember that if you don't switch back to run after killing the engine then you won't have any computers or sensors running.) It's the same vintage of Honda that I'm driving so it should work fine.

Old 11-02-2006, 06:04 AM   #12
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Ok so how do you keep the SG from tunring on when I unlock and lock my xB doors a few times - I walk by my locked car at night and the freeking display is lit! Both I and II did this.

JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:13 AM   #13
Registered Member

newer cars the computer's are linked together and wake up when anything happens. so a little as unlocking a door means u're wakeing up a computer to send to a nother computer to actualy unlock the door. if they didnt do it that way now a days w'd have a shoe box sized box w/ bout 150-200 upwards of 250 wires coming out. i serently dont want that thing going bad.

anyway when the comunicaton happens, the scan gauge sees this and also turns on expecting data. when none comes it goes back to sleep.

u'd be amazed at what were doing with CAN and networks in cars.

BTW u didnt hear it from me but i hear that toyota is releasing a driverles cruise control late next year.

Need this stuff gone!
https://www.honda-tech.com/zero...67053[/B]
GasSavers_Diemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:21 AM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemaster
BTW u didnt hear it from me but i hear that toyota is releasing a driverles cruise control late next year.
You talking about the laser-guided cruise control that adjusts speed depending on what's going on in front of the car? Because my parents' Sienna already has that. The only thing it can't do is apply the brakes, which is now a feature on the new Mercedes S-class.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:24 AM   #15
Registered Member

no this cruse control drives the car FOR u. the car follows road lines and basicly drives it's self

Need this stuff gone!
https://www.honda-tech.com/zero...67053[/B]
GasSavers_Diemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 12:53 PM   #16
Supporting Member

Diemaster -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemaster
This is truth. when u shut the ke off even though u are still moving, u remove power to the ecu thus stoping the scaning of the sensors and the data flow (or "datastream" as called in the industry) to the SG. if u try to bypass it the obd2 protacall wont be happy at all and will give u all kinds of headaces. i speak form personal experiance even if the ecu is on but no power to the sensors, you'll get "open" or "out-of-Range" codes.

if u can shift in to neutral, turn the key off then back on once the motor is stoped. u might get results. i tried that on mine and got 8 codes .
That works perfectly for me, no codes at all. I love manual transmissions!

Every car is different, and different years can be different too.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 11:35 PM   #17
Registered Member

Honda already has the driveless cruise control for the accord in europe. Honda even urged drivers not to get into the back seat and take a nap.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 11:36 PM   #18
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG
No, no, no. Try it in Hybrid mode and report back. It may work just fine with your kill switch.

If it doesn't work, there are other ways to get around it, and you won't break anything. One thing at a time, though. First see how it goes in Hybrid mode.

Be careful though. You're more likely to run into a tree (or someone else, or stall it in front of a speeding Mack truck) while you're learning how to CODFISH / ICE-OFF coast, than not. If you do, don't blame it on me! (If it's the Mack truck, we'll put "Tried hard to get good FE" on your grave stone.)
you seem to be very interested in this. I'll give it a try.

LOL, for the last month I've been trying so hard and no matter what I fill up I'm still 47th place. Hopefully I'll dip into the 30's next month.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 11:58 PM   #19
Registered Member

I saw on a science show ,,maybe it was on the BBC, a cruise and driving control system.

It did everything , brake accelerate and turn , even at weaving through red cones at high speeds on a race track.
The driver could (but he didnt) .... sit in the back and let the car do its thing.
The speeds on the track equalled or bettered what a real driver could do the course in.

The catch was that I think the car needed to be driven that route at least one time before so as to learn it and to map most of the obsticles.

It would also react to new things in its path and take appropriate action..
onegammyleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 12:02 AM   #20
Registered Member

leave it on HYBRID setting
your driving like one now, accept it.