How hard is to install a scangauge II ? - Fuelly Forums

Android Users - Coming Soon! - Migrating from aCar 4.8 to 5.0

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-17-2007, 02:42 PM   #1
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 17
Country: United States
How hard is to install a scangauge II ?

How hard is it to install ? How long does it take ? Any modifications to the vehicle or does it just plug in ? I would be adding it to a 1996 Ford Taurus . Better yet, does anyone have a PDF file they could send me of the installation ?
Thanks,
Raz
__________________

RazBarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 02:45 PM   #2
Registered Member
 
trebuchet03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 812
Country: United States
Send a message via AIM to trebuchet03
You plug it into the diagnostics port... Looking from the driver's side foot well, look up (under the dash area) and you'll see a trapezoidal connector... It plugs in there

Plug the other side of the cable into the scan gauge and you're done
__________________

__________________
Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its students.


Bike Miles (Begin Aug. 20 - '07): ~433.2 miles

11/12
trebuchet03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 02:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
 
Mentalic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 121
Country: United States
Oh and the tough part, apply sticky velcro bits, press in place.
__________________
Mentalic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 04:26 PM   #4
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 17
Country: United States
Where is the best place to mount it so you can half way monitor it without taking your eyes off the road too much ? Also, how hard is it to transfer from one vehicle to the other ? Do you have to setup different parameters for each vehicle ?
Thanks,
Raz
RazBarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:38 PM   #5
Registered Member
 
GasSavers_Minger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 98
Country: United States
I'm wondering this stuff as well, just ordered mine an hour ago
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclencher View Post
P.S. I must be a wierdo as I think just because a guy can afford to do something, doesn't mean he should. I can afford to buy 100 gallons of gas several times a month, pour it on the ground, light it (or not)... but I don't think I should.
GasSavers_Minger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:42 PM   #6
*shrug*
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,195
Country: United States
I mounted my superMID on top of the dash at the bottom left of the windshield, takes the least motion of my eyes to look at it.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:38 PM   #7
Registered Member
 
garyhgaryh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 172
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebuchet03 View Post
You plug it into the diagnostics port... Looking from the driver's side foot well, look up (under the dash area) and you'll see a trapezoidal connector... It plugs in there

Plug the other side of the cable into the scan gauge and you're done
Will the scanguage plug into a '93 Civic VX?
Gary
garyhgaryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:50 PM   #8
Supporting Member
 
cfg83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,779
Country: United States
garyhgaryh -

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhgaryh View Post
Will the scanguage plug into a '93 Civic VX?
Gary
SG uses the OBDII protocol, 1996 and newer cars only. There is spotty support for pre-1996, but it depends on how much of the protocol that the manufacturer implemented. I think the SG would not be compatible with any 1993 car.

CarloSW2
__________________
Old School SW2 EPA ... New School Civic EPA :

What's your EPA MPG? http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:24 AM   #9
Registered Member
 
garyhgaryh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 172
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
garyhgaryh -



SG uses the OBDII protocol, 1996 and newer cars only. There is spotty support for pre-1996, but it depends on how much of the protocol that the manufacturer implemented. I think the SG would not be compatible with any 1993 car.

CarloSW2

Thanks carlos!
garyhgaryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:45 AM   #10
Registered Member
 
GasSavers_Minger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 98
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
I mounted my superMID on top of the dash at the bottom left of the windshield, takes the least motion of my eyes to look at it.
Didn't think of putting it there...will try that. Only thought about over the center of the dash (because my dad's MDX has it's trip computer by where my cd would be...) and also between my clutch, but that would probably work better

And out of curiosity, there isn't a way to get an analogish readout, is there? My aunt's TSX does it,a nd it would probably be easier to pay attention to if there was a bar moving up and down relative to your mpg...but some of your guys' mpg it probably just wouldn't go high enough in that case
__________________

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclencher View Post
P.S. I must be a wierdo as I think just because a guy can afford to do something, doesn't mean he should. I can afford to buy 100 gallons of gas several times a month, pour it on the ground, light it (or not)... but I don't think I should.
GasSavers_Minger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Introduction and Questions minic6 Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome 19 05-14-2007 02:46 PM
TSX / K24a2 Engine: Help! rh77 General Fuel Topics 5 10-07-2006 09:13 PM
Atlanta Auto Show GasSavers_DaX General Discussion (Off-Topic) 26 05-07-2006 06:02 PM
Wiki added Matt Timion Fuelly Web Support and Community News 19 03-29-2006 04:27 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.