Hypermiling with a bus - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-21-2009, 10:39 PM   #11
Registered Member

Be careful if you decide to drive the bus north...especially on 99 in the fog...my parents used to tell me stories about their trips to Frisco...invariably there would be a Greyhound bus off the road in a ditch somewhere...

Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.

GasSavers_JoeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:57 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorg View Post
Thanks for the tips Darrell. I would never take advantage of a woman's vulnerabilities. I've done that kind of a date before and I'm still single for my whole life and no girl-friend for last 25 years. Just looking something, anything. Maybe a bus
Well, of course there's no girlfriend for the last 25 years. You're thinking of hypermiling a bus, and that's more interesting .

What does the lady like to do? Maybe she'd enjoy a trip to the Ahmanson Theater for a symphony or musical. I had a magical date there to see Michael Crawford sing in Phantom of the Opera, followed by a drive up US1 and dinner at sunset overlooking the ocean near Malibu. Make sure you make the dinner reservations ahead of time.

FrugalFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:26 PM   #13
Registered Member

Thanks, SentraSE. I don't know what she likes to do because I haven't talked to her much yet. This is the wrong forum to be talking about a love connection, but I sure appreciate your tips on a date scenario.

I trimmed one of the plants in my front yard in the shape of a heart to project some love vibes across the street where she lives. Don't know if she's noticed it yet. It still needs to grow out a little.

The bus idea is probably a bad one, so I'll work on a date of some kind. Then when she says get-lost, I'll move.
vectorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:23 PM   #14

Start small, with an offer of coffee or dinner, or mention you have two tickets to some local event like a play or sports event (you can buy them later). If the conversation flows effortlessly, call her again. If it's awkward, look elsewhere.

FrugalFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote