Jetta TDI fuel pump timing and Scangauge - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > Hypermiling
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2010, 11:53 AM   #1
Registered Member

Jetta TDI fuel pump timing and Scangauge

I just bought a 2001 Jetta TDI (code ALH) and i'm going to change the timing belt. But I'll need the Vag-com to set the timing correctly after. Since I don't have it but have a scangauge, is the scangauge is able to display the values for the fuel pump timing? Thanks!

EconomyDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Just for setting your timing:
http://vagcomlocator.com

I have had no success finding PID info to use for creating XGauge codes for my VW. Yours may be easier since it's probably not CAN-bus.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:45 AM   #3
Registered Member

Your best source for info on this will likely be tdiclub.com.
bryan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:02 PM   #4
Registered Member

EconomyDriver,
Where are you located? There is an occasionally updated database on Fred's (TDIClub.com) with those having the appropriate scanning equipment. Someone within a short distance of you is likely to be able to aid. The scanguage will not have this capability.
Also be aware that the tools used to secure the crank, cam and injection pump while the belt is removed are somewhat specialized. Engines have been damaged from failing to properly maintain synchronization of these items. Not that it can't be done, but I won't do any without appropriate locking tools.
Lug_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:46 AM   #5
Registered Member

The factory scan tools vas 5051b and 5052 are the only ones that show all of the measured values to fully complete the start of injection adjustments. Vag-Com does show fuel temp and start time, i believe.... ( dont use it really ) and that should be enough.... but there is a graph with a non-linear relationship between fuel temp and injection times that shows whether you are within tolerance. But in all honesty.............. in an ALH car, if there's no check engine light for the start of injection.......... MAKE SURE YOU PIN THE INJECTION PUMP BEFORE REMOVING THE TIMING BELT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and do not let it move. If you do that then you'll be just fine without adjusting it.
trmclaren is offline   Reply With Quote