Psychological Ways of Saving Fuel - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > Hypermiling
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2008, 08:01 PM   #11
Registered Member

Snork..

How about: I CAN'T PASS ANYTHING BUT GAS STATIONS ?

Here's my latest sticker.

89 Yamaha FZR400 Crotch rocket, semi naked with only the bikini fairing, no lowers, 60 plus mpg

87 Ranger 2.3 5spd.. Does not currently run..
fumesucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:15 PM   #12
Registered Member

This is all great stuff!

As I watch 95% of traffic pass me... and know that they will get to the gas station first...and the poor house isn't much futher. But they are using their right to drive crazy and I wouldn't try to tell them anything - just minded my own habits...

There is little competion in the slow lane - people fight like animals in the fast lane - I'm more relaxed in the slow lane, a happy side benifit from getting the most out of a tank full.

With the money I save on gas I like to TravelThisWorld.com
SuperVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:22 AM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayneburg View Post
Use Your Stereo To Save Fuel
-Slow the beat down
Listen to slow paced music. Hopefully this will keep you driving slower. It doesn't have to be classical or opera. There are slow songs in every genre of music.
Heh, I don't think classical or opera would work when I'd tend towards stuff like the William Tell overture, Ride of the Valkyries, Toccata and Fugue in D minor, Beethoven's 9th, 1812 overture....

I usually listen to the motor when I'm driving though, you can hear it lean out.... and find the resonant notches in the intake system, kinda from hurrrrr, to yawwww.... and you can hear people creeping into your blind spots.

I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote