Scangauge crazyness - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > Hypermiling
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2008, 03:12 PM   #1
Registered Member

Scangauge crazyness

I am trying to calibrate the scan gauge 2 in my renault clio. I try to set up the speed, but even when i go down the road at 10mph it says 158mph (the max) in the bottom left hand corner of the speed set up screen.So for example, i'm going 30mph so i adjust the offset so it says 30mph, but if i go slower than 30mph it doesn't update, so it says 30mph even if i'm going 10mph, but there comes a point where it will go slowly down, under 10mph!WEIRD.

It seems as if the ECU is sending a signal to the scangauge that its going 158mph at about 10mph!Anyone any ideas?im getting really frustrated with this thing now.I'm think maybe just play with the settings till i get about what MPG i'd expect from the car then just leave all the settings and then at least i can see if i'm improving my FE or getting worse.what a waste though

african_andy189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:26 PM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to jeep45238
If it's diesel, there's a diesel a and b option. There's also a similar thing for gas engines. Toss in tire size issues, as well as units.

There could also be a problem internally with the scan gauge. Weirder things have happened in life.

jeep45238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:57 AM   #3
Registered Member

I've heard that they have very good customer service. I would start there.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:48 AM   #4
Registered Member

you will have better luck calling them than emailing them. they seem to stay busy since they are a small business and business is booming for them. they always seem to be willing to help though.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote