scangauge getting recognition - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-11-2008, 07:46 AM   #11
Registered Member

I have looked at the daisy chain idea and can't bring myself to buy an extra scangauge right now.

from the looks of it, all you have to do is get some cat-5 cable and plug it in the unused port (back or side) of one and into one of the ports on the second one. should work but I haven't done it so I can't say for sure. you are basically paralleling the two. If I could only convince my wife that she needs one, I could at least try it.

also with the light version (talking hypothetically still) you could lock out the scan part. the part that tells error codes. that could bring down the price some.

in reality though, they are selling them about as fast as they can make them so I can't see them changing the design at all until that changes. if you don't believe me, try to contact them. they are stupd busy right now.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:57 AM   #12
Site Team / Moderator

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEF View Post
I have looked at the daisy chain idea and can't bring myself to buy an extra scangauge right now.

from the looks of it, all you have to do is get some cat-5 cable and plug it in the unused port (back or side) of one and into one of the ports on the second one. should work but I haven't done it so I can't say for sure. you are basically paralleling the two. If I could only convince my wife that she needs one, I could at least try it.

also with the light version (talking hypothetically still) you could lock out the scan part. the part that tells error codes. that could bring down the price some.

in reality though, they are selling them about as fast as they can make them so I can't see them changing the design at all until that changes. if you don't believe me, try to contact them. they are stupd busy right now.

Still waiting for my tech support email I sent on the 6th to be replied to.

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:44 AM   #13
Registered Member

I found it is easier to call them. when you do, chose the option to buy one that way you will actually get a person on the phone.

if you need tech support, I think they just send you to an answering service.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote